GVA Partners – Our client, a large Bank in Lagos, is recruiting suitably qualified candidates to fill the position below:
Job Title: Windows/Desktop Specialist
- The ideal candidate will be responsible for providing specialist desktop services support (i.e. maintenance, development and security) and also participate as a member of the Technical Services team to ensure the successful integration and delivery of IT services.
- The right candidate will possess a high skill level in supporting the environments at an enterprise level.
- Provide expert level (level 3) support for desktops, pcs, laptops, printers, scanners and associated software.
- Install operating systems/applications on users’ workstations and provide Active Directory, DHCP & DNS Support.
- Troubleshoot and repair basic LAN, WAN and internet issues at various locations specified within domain
- Create and re-set user accounts on Domain and Active Directory servers.
- Provide post – implementation support, guidance and advice to the user community.
- Investigate and coordinate the resolution of potential and actual service problems identified by the Desktop Services team or escalated through the incident management process.
- Evaluate and develop desktop fault corrections, site-specific modifications and work-around updating system documentation accurately and consistently
- Develop maintenance schedules and procedures, using application management software tools and techniques to investigate problems, collect performance statistics and create reports
- Collaborate with other team members in end user support to integrate technologies with appropriate systems and applications across the organisation.
- Recommend improvements and contribute to the implementation of agreed changes, architecture and design structures, tools and maintenance routines.
- Prepare and maintain operational documentation for OS and application software, providing advice where necessary on the correct and effective use of application software.
- Develop, maintain and document detailed knowledge of desktop management and process improvement, updating configuration management records where necessary.
- Provide appropriate status reports to team members, managers and users
- Contribute to project plans for the implementation of upgrades and developments to systems and services.
- 8+ years working experience with MS Office suite, Web/Internet technologies, Citrix, Anti-virus and Enterprise Service Desk.
- Exceptional skills in the implementation and supporting of the following applications: Windows 2000/XP/VISTA/7/8.1, Operating System Patch Management, Windows Server 2008, 2008 R2, 2012, 2012 R2 and MS Exchange 2010
- A good Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Electronic Engineering or any related discipline and relevant.
- Cluster support and fail-over experience.
- Basic Network security knowledge.
- Knowledgeable in Active Directory Domain services.
- Enterprise Service Desk experience.
- Antivirus Application experience.
- Ability to install and troubleshoot applications in a remote desktop service environment.
- Cisco Switches and Routers.
- Service Desk Management experience.
- Experience in the use of remote network management tools.
- Enterprise-level experience.
- Ability to support a variety of technologies and systems independently, resolve problems and pro-actively communicate solutions.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Exhibit a thorough approach to quality issues and documentation.
- Good sense of customer orientation and team working
- Demonstrated desire and ability to effectively learn new technology.
- Committed to continuous learning and development on the job through self-study and formal courses.
Application Closing Date
22nd February, 2018.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their updated CV’s in MS Word format to: [email protected] with “Windows/Desktop Specialist” as the subject of e-mail.