Posted on :
22 Jun, 2011
22 Jun, 2011
Our clients in the Telecommunication and Financial service industries have the following positions available:
JOB TITLE: SERVER ANALYST
JOB REF NO: GVA/SA 01
The successful candidate will be responsible for monitoring, maintaining and managing servers and storage facilities. The candidate will work within the framework of established operating procedures and in close cooperation with internal and external support personnel to provide troubleshooting and maintenance of servers, storages, backup and network systems to assure operational availability within the client’s infrastructure environment.
A minimum of 5 year’s experience on the Server/Storage/Backup system management in a large multi-site enterprise computing environment. Experience operating in a Data Centre or IT Shared Service is an added advantage.
A good bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Electronic Engineering or any related discipline.
JOB FUNCTION :
• Perform enterprise server check-up prior to server deployment to the network.
• Configure and maintain enterprise server systems using industry best practices.
• Monitor server performance and ensure servers are backed up according to business needs.
• Add and remove users, modify rights, and configure servers and operating environments
• Focus on both hardware and software aspects of server/storage/backup systems infrastructure across one or more paltforms to optimize service delivery
• Lead or participate in server/storage/backup related projects.
• Correct technical problems within defined SLAs. Analyze root cause and permanently correct and document incidents
• Conduct server administrative task on target environment
• Develop and maintain scripts required of efficient operation
• Create, improve and revise operating processes as required and document accordingly.
• Provide capacity planning and estimation of hardware requirement
• Recommend and implement appropriate actions to assure server security
• Share ideas and experience with team members and promote teamwork in problem resolution.
• Share best-practices and cross-train other team members in servermanagement skills.
• Other related duties as assigned.
• Good knowledge of HP, Netapp storage, SUN systems.
• Proficiency in scripting.
• Knowledge of Backup/Disaster Recovery best practices.
• Thorough understanding of Windows, Unix, Linux with support experience
• Must be familiar with the administration and patching of AIX/Unix severs.
• Knowledge of RedHat Linux administration
• Experienced with SAN and multipathing
• Experienced with Solaris 9 and 10 administration and patching
• Ability to support a variety of technologies and systems independently, resolve problems and pro-actively communicate solutions.
• Excellent oral and written communication skills.
• Exhibit a thorough approach to quality issues and documentation.
• Good sense of customer orientation and team working
• Strong leadership skills
• Demonstrated desire and ability to effectively learn new technology-committed to continuous learning and development on the job through self-study and formal courses.
JOB TITLE: IT GOVERNANCE CONSULTANT
JOB REF NO: GVA/ITGC 001
EDUCATIONAL QUALIFICATION: A good bachelor’s Degree in ICT related discipline
CISA, ITIL Foundations Certification / CobiT Foundations certification will be a plus
EXPERIENCE: Minimum of 4 years Information Technology experience
The Candidate will be responsible for IT management in the areas of IT Governance – risk management, performance management, resource management, strategic alignment and value delivery of the IT department.
JOB FUNCTION :
• Set up management structures and processes to engage the board executives and management in IT decision making process
• Develop measurement and tracking tools to monitor and consolidate progress.
• Advice on the implementation of a COBIT control framework in conjunction with established industry best practices.
• Evaluate monitoring and assurance practices to ensure that the board and executive management receive sufficient and timely information about IT performance
• Work with the Internal Control Department to integrate IT process and services which broader the bank’s objectives, processes and requirements
• Provide strong supervision to ensure quality management in IT business processes and documentation
• Act as a subject matter expert in the application of frameworks and Standards related to IT Governance
• Identify gaps in the design and operating effectiveness of controls, and identify opportunities for more efficient and effective controls
• Provide guidance to IT Management in establishing assessment and reporting activities for IT processes and department performance (e.g., balance score cards, key performance indicators [KPI]
• Strong understanding of IT process testing, audit practices and standards, and international IT standards and guidelines
• Strong working knowledge of, and demonstrated ability to apply, common frameworks and models used for IT Governance, such as CMMI, ITIL, COSO and CobIT in the working environment
• Expert knowledge of regulatory compliance related to Financial Servicesindustry
JOB TITLE: HEAD OF TRANSFORMATION AND CHANGE (MARKET OPERATIONS TECHNOLOGY)
JOB REF NO: GVA/HOTAC 01
• The MOT Head of Transformation and Change will possess a proven track record in delivering complex and highly visible change projects, gained ideally across several locations/geographies and within Emerging Markets operations of the Financial Services sector. Typical transformation projects will have costs > $5m and well detailed business case and benefits.
• The successful candidate will have a strong track record and proven experience in delivering successful business change and managing large multi location teams and strong leadership skills at both tactical and strategic views over a portfolio of projects. The post holder will have good exposure to functional/products analysis within the financial services sector.
• This is a high profile opportunity to use your skills in transforming leading Emerging Markets operations of the Financial Services sector and positioning it for growth and leadership within its region.
The Head of Transformation and Change will be expected to have aptitudes, skills, knowledge and experience on the following areas
• Programme and Project Management
• Business case management
• Ability to work with senior executives
• Financial management
• Quality management
• Risk management
• Knowledge management
• Technology Architecture. Experience within Exchanges/Financial Servicessector will be a distinct advantage
• Supplier management
• Pro-activeness in addressing any quality issues and deviations from plan
• A good bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Electronic Engineering or any related discipline.
FREEDOM TO ACT:
The Head of Transformation and Change has considerable freedom to act in order to deliver their programmes. He/She will be expected to work to agreed standards for programme management and in a way, which does not detriment other programme and activities to the advantage of their own. The following list describes the types of freedoms they will be expected to exercise in fulfilling their role:
• Definition, management and ownership of programme budgets
• Ability to deal with uncertain business objectives.
• Ability to take and mitigate risk with full awareness of the impact
• Manage and be accountable for dependencies, exceptions, slippage, issues and priorities
• Manage and be accountable for the management of risk and opportunities including the development of contingency plans.
• Manage issues and change.
• Continually assess whether or not the programme(s) continue to meet their business objectives.
The Head of Transformation and Change will be expected to plan delivery of appropriate solutions to meet overall project office objectives often against tight time, financial or resource constraints. To achieve this the post holder will need to:
• Have the ability to think logically, analyse situations and lead diverse teams in complex problem solving.
• Work with program sponsors and stakeholder group to develop strategic solution options, resourcing options and delivery plans.
COMMUNICATING WITH OTHERS:
The Head of Transformation and Change will be expected to have excellent communication skills and experience in working with sponsors and other members of the business. The following points illustrate this:
• Communication and visibility of the programme(s) progress and demonstrable control over both internal and supplier progress.
• Define team member roles and expectations, and ensure timely feedback.
The post holder will need to be an effective leader to create effective, informed and highly motivated team(s) focused on delivery. They will need to:
• Set overall direction for the team
• Monitor and maintain team morale
• Ensure the coherence of the project(s), dependencies and conflicts and develop and maintain the appropriate environment to support all areas involved in the delivery.
• Influence, inspire and lead cross functional project teams.
• Review the progress of the project(s) and manage dependencies.
PEOPLE MANAGEMENT AND DEVELOPMENT:
The post holder will need good people skills including
• Define and scope the resource requirements for the formation of the programme team.
• The ability to create clarity of roles and responsibilities for members of the programme.
• Build and maintain relationships with the overall Project, Business team(s) and stakeholders.
• Manage conflicts and dependencies across teams and wider stakeholder group
• Coach, mentor, appraise and develop project managers.
The post holder will be expected to budget for their programme(s) and maintain monitoring and management of spend. This will cover the following activities:
• Development of a robust business case for the programme(s) and re-forecast value creation where necessary.
• Facilitate a process for ensuring regular tracking and management of costs against budget.
• Review of cost anomalies or over-spend upward within the programme and line management in a timely fashion
• Be responsible for the setting and management of programme budget to ensure that project(s) are delivered to budget.
JOB FUNCTION :
• Provision of strong leadership and strategic direction to the project teams, ensuring the highest standards of governance, deliverables, risk and stakeholder management
• Accountability for the delivery of the business requirements and outcomes for all changes run by the Market operations and Technology division of the organization
• Operation of the project management office to ensure delivery of the projects using proven project methodologies
• Ensure a business case is comprehensively documented and approved for all projects run by MOT
• Ensure coordination of the various workstreams, key stakeholders and suppliers
• Understand and meet the expectations of the program sponsor and stakeholder group. Ensure sponsor and stakeholders receive the right information at the right time regarding program performance
• Communicating a vision and clarity of outcome on ongoing projects/programme; and tracking benefits through to fruition
• Contain and resolve issues within ongoing projects/programmes that do not require sponsor attention in a timely manner
• Monitor progress to ensure that objectives are delivered on time and within budget, and business results are realized
• Generate a comprehensive resource plan to identify appropriate resources (internal and external) that will be essential to achieve delivery objectives. Drive the secondment of thee resources to ensure timely and quality delivery
• Monitor project/programme timelines, milestones, budget and resource usage to ensure delivery to plan and budget. Pro-actively manage deviations
• Manage and address scope changes, ensuring any deviation from agreed scope and budget are managed rigorously as per change control process
• Determine the impact of approved programme changes on the business case, and re-forecast value creation where necessary
• Resolve issues escalated by the management team
• Deliver programme as per agreed delivery methodology
• Escalate unresolved issues via the Governance Framework
• Produce monthly executive management project office report detailing timelines, budgets, quality, deviations from plan and risks for management attention
• Manage and deploy available funds and resources efficiently.
• Monitor and pro-actively manage program-level risks and mitigation, ensuring visibility and effective communication of these risks and mitigation to programme sponsor
• Provide program performance information to program sponsor and key stakeholders per the schedule defined in Performance Reporting process.
• Monitor the delivery of business results assigned to the programme
• Ensures successful transitioning of the programme deliverables into BAU
• Undertake post implementation review for all projects/programmes
• Develop, roll-out and embed world-class customer experience in your approach
• Ensuring optimisation of E2E processing to maximise STP, minimise transaction and other operational processing cycles and maximise overall efficiency
• Continually train and coach other team members to become self-sufficient
EXPERIENCE & QUALIFICATIONS:
• Minimum of 15 years programme delivery experience
• B.Sc degree or equivalent from a recognised institution
• Training on project delivery methodology such as Prince 2
• Experience in financial services within product development or a technology discipline will be a distinct advantage
• Experience in leading large programmes (>$5m) will be an advantage
• Ability to demonstrate a track record of delivering complex business critical change
• Ability to lead diverse teams without direct authority
• Experience in managing senior stakeholders at CTx/Exec level will be a distinct advantage
• Ensure effective and complete handover of ongoing activities from current PM
• Regular and effective communication of programme progress and tracking to stakeholders (monthly executive report)
• Management of prioritisation (monthly executive report)
• Project / Programme delivery to published timeline, budget, scope and quality (+/- 20% initially)
• Business case for all approved work
• Delivery in line with agreed methodology
• Effective conflict resolution
• Build and manage credibility with stakeholders and delivery team
• Develop and build team
JOB TITLE: IT SENIOR BUSINESS ANALYST
JOB REF NO: GVA/ITSBA 001
EDUCATIONAL QUALIFICATION: A Bachelors degree in the field of Computer Science/ Electronic Engineering/ Technology related field
CISA, ITIL Foundations Certification / CobiT Foundations certification will be a plus
EXPERIENCE: 8+ years relevant work experience (with 4 years of progressive experience in Telecom Billing & CRM/ Oracle ERP / SAP/Products& Services); Work experience in a multinational organization is a definite advantage.
The successful candidate(s) will be responsible for conducting business needs analysis, requirements elicitation, analysis and documentation as well as support existing systems and processes, identifying improvements and implementing appropriate CRM, Billing, and ERP solutions across the enterprise.
JOB FUNCTION :
• Understand client needs and translate them into application and operational requirements.
• Review and edit requirements, specifications, business processes and recommendations related to proposed solution
• Support projects throughout the solution development life cycle from establishing vision and scope, to validating requirements in the testing phase
• Provide solutions to meet objectives, qualitative testing and smooth implementation process
• Participate in the planning and analysis related to conversion of data and integration of various projects.
• Partner with business functions to ensure expectations and requirements are met and managed
• Provide inputs into unit, system and acceptance test plan, and draft user manual
• Review solutions and assist in the change management and user acceptance process
• Identify proactively and report on issues, dependencies, and risks related to the project
• Provide consultation and advice to BAs on complex and more difficult assignments
• Accountable for the implementation of right solutions
• Exhibits confidence and an extensive knowledge of emerging industry practices when solving business problems
• Possesses knowledge and experience leveraging both IT solutions and business process improvement
• Proven experience with business and technical requirements analysis, modelling, verification, and product management skills
• Possesses knowledge of telecommunication IT infrastructure.
• Proven experience of Oracle Product offerings in relation to ERP, CRM, and other Technologies
• Stakeholders relations management
• Telecommunication business savvy
• Information management
• Quality Assurance/ Testing
• Customer focus
METHOD OF APPLICATION
Candidate who meet the above requirement should email their resume to [email protected] and [email protected]. PLEASE, STATE THE POSITION YOU ARE APPLYING FOR IN THE SUBJECT FIELD OF THE MAIL.