H. Pierson Associates Limited is a boutique consulting firm with over 40 seasoned professionals with varied experiences in both the private and public sectors.
The firm plays a leading role in providing management consulting services targeted at clients in key sectors of the economy (Power, Oil & Gas, Financial Services and Manufacturing, etc), in Nigeria and the West Coast. We are recruiting to fill the position of:
Job Title: Chief Operating Officer
Job Description / Responsibilities
- To set long term (3 to 5 years) direction for the organization in terms of vision, mission and values – in close coordination with the MD & CEO.
- To set the short to medium term (1 to 3 years) direction of the organization in terms of annual strategy, business plans/roadmaps, most vital KPIs/targets, etc. – in close coordination with the MD & CEO.
- To review progress on set objectives, plans, KPIs on monthly/quarterly basis, to support top management in removal of bottlenecks, and carry out necessary course corrections as necessitated.
- To engage effectively towards setting & improving systems & processes – including IT-enabled systems, automation, technological interventions, etc. – necessary for the short- & long-term success of the organization.
- Build good business relation with other energy sectors of Nigeria, Discos, TCN, Generation, NERC, and etc., and build efficient business relation with their management.
- Participate in various community, customers and employees’ engagement forums as & when needed towards understanding their needs/expectations, creation of a world class work culture, motivation, knowledge sharing, dissemination of company’s achievements & future plans, etc.
- To guide, train and develop his team so that they perform their jobs and roles as per expectation.
- To participate in various other activities that would be critical (strategic or/and tactical) for this role from time to time, but not mentioned here.
- To plan and lead strategies towards targeted revenue collection & recovery, e.g., ways for reducing bad debts, prioritization of defaulters for recovery follow-up, using innovations & analytics, etc. so that company’s commercial losses are well below the target stipulated by the regulator year-to-year.
- Lead the development of revenue generation and protection strategies, policies and procedures in line with the strategic plan of the organisation.
- Define and drive the commercial strategy for the company towards effective contribution to the Company’s vision and alignment to group.
- Deliver strategic leadership for defining the commercial path to growth and profitability of the Company and the establishment of an effective growth process and infrastructure.
- Oversee the management of all the processes under its responsibility through the establishment of standards, procedures and work processes. He/she has to ensure that the development and implementation of Management Information Systems are adapted to the needs of the processes
- Work on the structural changes for Distribution operations department to make more efficient and profitable operations including preventive maintenance activities and elaborate recommendations
Knowledge & Skills
- Strong Technical skills
- Strategy formulation & Business planning
- Business/Market intelligence and In – depth knowledge of the power distribution company.
- Revenue Cycle Optimization
- Maintenance planning/Project Management
- Ability to understand and capitalize on various shifts in technology, customer expectations and regulatory impacts.
- Ability to liaise and convince the Board on vital actions needed for organizational success as well as Managing Stakeholders
- Business process & organizational dynamics knowledge
- Performance management (Corporate and business).
- Energy Management and Accounting
- Financial and business management
- SCADA & Data Maintenance
- Reduction of company’s “ATC&C loses according to MYTO order 2.1 (NERC)
- To increase significantly number of Customers for the organization
- Customers mapping by DTs, Feeders, and sub-stations. (Part of Enumeration Process)
- Registering of new customers, to increase significantly number of population for the organization
- Preventive actions against illegal connections and energy theft
- Monthly review of each business unit’s performance and elaborate recommendations.
- Monthly review of each department’s activities and elaborate recommendations
- Carry out coordination, control and analysis of the activity of the Departments including Heads of Departments, Business units managers and elaborate reports to Managing Director.
- Establish policy and implement for energy theft detection, prevention, and recover of losses.
- Preparing efficient budget plan, and take control on spending
- Distribution Transformers metering process, to have better and efficient possibility to identify and localize commercial losses in the network.
- Establish policies for Operations departments and process mapping for– all processes including commercial, maintenance, PPM, New connections, and etc.
- Improvement of financial activities, reducing (OPEX) to increase company’s asset.
- Elaborating the concepts, programs electricity network perspective development
- Establish efficient organizational structure for Operations and Commercial Departments and for Business districts
- Review current annual budget and elaborate recommendation
- Monitor performance of Operations Department and elaborate reports for improvement
- Regulation of electricity metering, collection of cost of consumed electricity according to established tariffs, minimization indebtedness and commercial losses and improvement customer’s service quality within company.
- Efficiently distribution of electricity received by company verified by monthly SAIDI , SAIFI index
- Safety Compliance index
- Fixing all income and outgoing feeders including 33KV, 11kv feeder meter points in order to have correct energy accounting process
- Planning & Organizing
- Demonstrated proficiency with Microsoft Office products (Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint, Word)
- Exceptional analytical skills and problem solving skills. i.e. ability to think outside the box
- Result oriented
- Communication Skills (verbal and written)
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply