Handicap International is an independent and impartial aid and development organisation working in situations of poverty and exclusion, conflict and disaster. We work alongside disabled and vulnerable people to help meet their essential needs, improve their living conditions and promote respect for their dignity and fundamental rights.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Logistics Coordinator
Ref Id: DIR-LOG-MMO-4054
Location: Abuja and Lagos, Nigeria (and other locations within Nigeria dependent on programme development)
Start Date: 1st may, 2018.
Duration of mission: 36 months, with possible extension
Contributing to the implementation of the programme strategy, the Logistics Coordinator is expected to consolidate and strengthen the logistics services within the mission and ensure efficiency and synergy across operational bases.
Under the direct responsibility of the Head of Mission, and with the support of the Logistics Referent in HQ, the incumbent will be responsible for:
- Ensuring respect and compliance with internal and donor logistics guidelines to ensure optimization and transparency in the use of the funds made available to the organisation;
- Ensure the sound management, use and maintenance of all equipment available to the mission;
- Representing the organisation among local authorities, INGOs, UN agencies and other stakeholders regarding logistics management;
- Supervise and provide logistics support to the different bases and projects;
- Report on a regular basis on all logistics activities within the mission to the head of mission ;
- Participate in security management within the mission under the supervision of the Head of Mission.
- Ensuring effective and optimised coordination and support between the logistics department, administration and operational teams in respect of the organisation’s procedures and project needs;
- Ensuring good collaboration between all staff members and to build the capacity of staff under direct responsibility;
- Coordinating the opening/closing at logistics level of HI bases in the country and ensure their regular maintenance;
- 3+ years’ experience in a similar role, at logistics management or coordination level
- Experience in a contemporary conflict context in the Islamic world is an asset
- Experience in opening new operational bases/offices in challenging conditions
- Experience in implementing operational security measures and ensuring compliance with security management plans
- Demonstrable experience of working in an insecure environment or fragile state and in remote management.
- Strong communication skills
- Training and capacity building skills, particularly across cultures
- Strong computer skills
- Strong organizational and coordination capacities
- English mandatory (oral and written) ; Arabic is an asset.
- Effective communication, analytical and problem solving skills
- Strong interpersonal and intercultural skills
- Ability to work in a multicultural environment and in a multidisciplinary team
- Proactive and self-motivated
- Flexible to requirements of mission and context.
- Salary: from 2750 € gross/month depending on the experience of the candidate
- Per day: 350 € net/month
- Insurances: medical health coverage, retirement planning, repatriation
- Paid holiday: 25 days per year
- R&R: 1 day per month
- Accomodation: collective covered by Handicap International.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Cover Letter’s and CV’s to: [email protected]
Application Deadline 31st March, 2018.
Note: Due to the enormous applications, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.