Hazon Holdings is a continually growing and leading conglomerate domiciled in Africa. We specialize in raising standards through our synergy of diverse business units. We are core believers in driving people, processes and businesses to attain peak productivity in given fields through steadfastness and ultimate discipline. We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: IT Support Officer
- Responsible for diagnoses and troubleshoot of software and hardware problems include resolving network issues, configuring operating systems and using remote desktop connections to provide immediate support analyze existing systems to identify flaws or inefficiencies and use problem-solving skills, including both inductive and deductive reasoning, to make modifications that will increase the functions of the computer.
- Hardware engineers develop new designs in the existing components, such as microchips and circuit boards, and then integrate these components in a form fitting layout.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Coordinates and/or performs additions and changes to network hardware and operating systems and attached devices; includes investigation, analysis, recommendation, configuration, installation and testing of new network hardware and software
- Provides direct support in the day-to-day operations on network hardware and operating systems; duties include evaluation of system utilization, monitoring response time and primary support for detection and correction of operational problems.
- Analyse information to determine, recommend, and plan layout, including type of computers and peripheral equipment modifications.
- Participates in planning design, technical review and implementation for new network infrastructure hardware and network operating systems for voice and data communication networks.
- Provides technical consultation, training and support to employees as designated by Management
- Develop training materials and procedures, and/or train users in the proper use of hardware and software.
- Basic Networking Knowledge (Crimping, N/W Configuration)
- Analyse user needs and recommend appropriate hardware.
- Conduct office automation feasibility studies, including workflow analysis, space design, and cost comparison analysis
- Deliver and implement systems and platforms ongoing requirements (VMWARE implementations, security pack installations, etc) to maintain up-to-date infrastructure environment.
- Build, test and modify product prototypes, using working models or theoretical models constructed using computer simulation.
- Confer with engineering staff and consult specifications to evaluate interface between hardware and software and operational and performance requirements of overall system.
- Design and develop computer hardware and support peripherals, including central processing units (CPUs), support logic, microprocessors, custom integrated circuits, and printers and disk drives.
- Evaluate factors such as reporting formats required, cost constraints, and need for security restrictions to determine hardware configuration.
- Maintain record of daily data communication transactions, problems and remedial action taken, and installation activities.
- Test and verify hardware and support peripherals to ensure that they meet specifications and requirements, analyzing and recording test data.
- Perform server and security audits, and system backups and recovery.
Qualification and Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Engineering, Computer Science or its equivalent
- Minimum of Four years of experience with hardware and software installation and maintenance.
- Extensive working knowledge of PCs, network hardware, operating systems and software.
- Technical Capacity
- Stress Management/Composure
- Emotional Intelligence skills
- Ability to fill multiple roles simultaneously
- Strong communication skills both written and verbal to interact confidently with employees
- Great analytical and problem-solving skills help in resolving the issue faster
- Strong troubleshooting, diagnosing skills to resolve technical issues
- Good knowledge of computer systems, mobiles, and other techs
- Strong customer service focus and technical knowledge.
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org using the Job Title as the subject of the mail.
Application Deadline: 9th June, 2023.