Posted on :
22 Jun, 2012
Scene is a Business Consultancy firm focused on small/medium businesses. Our goal is to provide our clients with the support they need to grow their businesses by providing them with value -added and convenient services in a friendly atmosphere.
Job Location: Lagos
Plans, designs, and directs construction engineering projects and ensure that all projects are delivered to scope, budget and program by performing the following duties.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. But other duties relating to Civil/Structures that have not been mentioned below may be assigned.
• Assigns duties to subordinates.
• Monitors the execution of duties
• Ensures the welfare of subordinates and presents their interest to the management.
• Sets performance goals and monitors performance for result.
• Review project scope and develops project budgets.
• Inspects construction site to monitor progress and ensure conformance to contracts, drawings, specifications, and construction and health& safety standards.
• Plans, investigates, and surveys structures and equipment to determine feasibility and options.
• Directs design and design review of all civil/structures projects and provides direction of construction and maintenance activities at project site, as well as direction of the subcontractor personnel assigned to the project.
• Uses computer assisted engineering and design software and equipment to prepare engineering and design documents.
• Manages contractual commitments for contractors including costs, quality, schedule, and field activities.
• Maintains quality of work in accordance with the standards specified in the contract documents.
• Ensures construction materials comply with quality assurance requirements of the design.
• Maintains effective communications and coordination between the company and the design engineer ensure timeliness and accuracy.
• Manages the budget of the department
• Conversant with the use of LUSAS, or Master Series or any Finite Element package will be an advantage.
Education and/or Experience
Bachelor’s Degree in Civil/Structural Engineering, a Master of Science in Civil/ Structural Engineering with a minimum of 10 to 15 years related work experience. Should be registered with an Engineering body, minimum COREN. Membership of any other relevant international engineering bodies will be an advantage.
• Must possess excellent verbal and written communication skills
• In depth knowledge of relevant engineering standards and codes of practice
• Excellent knowledge of civil/structures design and construction processes
• Strong knowledge of construction estimating and procurement processes
• Ability to read/interpret construction drawings/documents and specification manuals
• Excellent leadership skills
• Very good entrepreneurial skills
• Strong organizational skills
• Strong people management skills
• Very skilled in networking
• Excellent reporting skills
• Should be able to pay attention to detail
• Time management skills
• Good listening skills
Qualified and Interested Applicants should forward their resumes to [email protected] using the position being applied for as the subject of the mail.