The Health Communication Capacity Collaborative (HC3) supports the US President’s Malaria Initiative’s (PMI) goal of significantly reducing deaths from malaria in high burden African countries. Social and behavior change communication (SBCC) activities ensure Nigerians are aware of, understand, and play their part in the national goal of malaria elimination.
We are recruiting to fill the position of:
Job Title: BA-Nigeria Admin & Finance Officer
Reports to: State Coordinator
- The Breakthrough Action Nigeria (BA-Nigeria) Administrative & Finance Officer is responsible for establishing and managing administrative, financial, procurement and logistics systems in the state.
- Working in close consultation with the State Coordinator the Administrative & Finance Officer will manage all administrative and financial activities in the state to ensure smooth implementation of project activities.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
In addition to the general duties described above. Specific duties and responsibilities include the following:
- Assist the BA-Nigeria Slate Coordinator and staff with preparation and logistics for community activities, meetings, trainings and other events as needed at the field office.
- Maintain general office systems including filing; coordinating timely tune sheet submission: sending, receiving and distributing Faxes: and photocopying.
- Assist BA-Nigeria state and HQ staff with the tracking and development of administrative documents
- Maintain organized files on all admin and financial related reports and documents.
- Maintain the project field office petty cash, prepare payments. ensure proper authorization Far payments, distribute payments as required, and supervise the processing of staff claims and advances and per diem.
- Complete purchase orders, time sheets and attendance records and prepare necessary reports for Admin and Finance Managers, and BA-Nigeria Project Director.
- Assist with identification and payments to vendors.
- Assisting internal/extremal auditors with queries
- Submit monthly financial reports as required to the Finance Manager
- Work closely with BA-NigeriallQ Finance Team to ensure smooth operation of all finance matters
- Other duties as identified and assigned by Supervisor, Finance Manager& BA-Nigeria Project Director
- B.Sc./HND in Business Administration or Management, or related field of study
- Minimum 5 years’ experience with a USAID funded Project
- Working Knowledge of Quicktsooks, Microsoft Excel and other MS Office Packages
- Experience managing bulk supplies and inventory control systems
- Excellent problem-solving skills
- Excellent written and oral communication skills in English
- Ability to speak Hausa is highly desirable
- Ability to work independently
- Well-organized, with ability to track multiple activities and deadlines
- Ability to work successfully in a cross-cultural, team-based environment
Application Closing Date
5pm; 18th April, 2018.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their cover letters and CV’s only as one PDF document to: [email protected] Note To apply for this position, please follow the instructions exactly as described below. Any submissions that do not follow the instructions exactly will be discarded without review:
- Your cover letter should include the following:
- Address the education/experience and language skills requirement specified for the position with specific examples where necessary.
- Include the specific date when you would be able to begin work.
- Name the International NGO/NGOs you have worked with
- CV and cover letter PDF file name must be your first and last name in CAPS (e.g.: USMAN SEGUN).
- The subject line of your email should include the position applied for and location. E.g. “BA-Nigeria Admin & Finance Officer Plateau”.
- Do not include any additional certificates or documentation.