The Health Communication Capacity Collaborative (HC3) supports the US President’s Malaria Initiative’s (PMI) goal of significantly reducing deaths from malaria in high burden African countries. Social and behavior change communication (SBCC) activities ensure Nigerians are aware of understand, and play their part in the national goal of malaria elimination.
HC3 Nigeria is working with the National Malaria Elimination Program (NMEP) and partnering organizations to ensure SBCC activities achieve scale and intensity throughout the country. With over 177 million people to reach, Nigeria is the most populous country in Africa. Interventions introduced have to achieve impact with a combination of wide reach and intense interpersonal communication activity.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: HC3 Nigeria Social Mobilization Assistant
Locations: Ebonyi and Bauchi
Reports to: State Coordinator
- The Social Mobilization Assistant will provide support to the state project team for planning, implementation, monitoring, and evaluation of social and community mobilization,and advocacy activities.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
In addition to the overall support to the project as described above, specific duties and responsibilities include the following and other duties may be assigned:
- Support implementation of social and community mobilization activities in collaboration with the Social Mobilization Officer, Community Mobilizers, State and LGA Health Educators, Ward Development Committees Support advocacy with religious and community leaders to create an enabling environment to improve awareness on the benefits of faintly planning and promote uptake of services.
- Collaborate with State Coordinator, Social Mobilization ttnd State M&E Officers to ensure documentation of all community mobilization activities
- Assist with preparation and submission of timely and quality activity reports, including field notes and success stories, to effectively capture lessons learnt on the ground from the projects.
- Support with organization of meetings with religious, traditional and community leaders, village heads, community groups, women groups, trade associations and other relevant community segments to improve awareness on family planning and availability of services
- Support training and supervision of Community Mobilizers and other social community mobilization agents working under the HC3 Family Project implementing government – led initiatives.
- Support the HC3 M&E Officer and State Coordinator to effectively collect, collate and report social/ community mobilization data as required
- Provide administrative support as needed.
- Carry out other tasks to support HC3 FP& Malaria project efforts as assigned
Education and/or Experience
- HND or Bachelor’s degree with at least 3-5 years work experience in advocacy, social and/or community mobilization in family planning or reproductive health programs
- Ability to travel and work in difficult settings, including remote rural areas of Nigeria.
- Proficiency with,Microsoft Excel, Word and PowerPoint. or similar software
- Well-organized, with ability to track multiple activities and deadlines
- Excellent communication, and organizational skills: and ability to influence and facilitate advocacy agendas at LGA and State level
- Understanding of local communities and cultures relevant to the state of interest and ability to communicate fluently in hausa or igbo as applicable.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills in English
- Experience in providing administrative support to work teams
- Ability to work successfully in cross-cultural, team-based environment
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should submit their cover letter which should include the following:
- Address the education/experience requirement specified for the position with specific examples where necessary
- Language skills, (Please note that language skills will be tested during interviews for shortlisted candidates.)
- Include the specific date when you would be able to begin work.
Email the cover letter and Curriculum Vitae (CV) as one PDF document to: [email protected]
- CV and cover letter PDF file name must be your first and last name in Caps (e.g.: USMAN SEGUN).
- Do not include any additional certificates or documentation.
- The subject line of your email should be “HCS Nigeria Social Mobilization Assistant Ebonyi_” or’HC3 Nigeria Social Mobilization Assistant Bauchi”as applicable.
- Follow the instructions exactly, Any submissions that do not follow the instructions exactly wiII be discarded without review
Application Deadline 28th November, 2017.