HealthPlus Limited, Nigeria’s first integrative pharmacy, is the fastest-growing pharmacy chain in West Africa. We are committed to our mission of helping people achieve optimum health and vitality, while delivering superior value to stakeholders.
Our vision is to be Africa’s #1 for pharmacy, wellness and beauty. Recently, we secured significant foreign investment from our partners to scale up our network of retail outlets and our online business. This strategy will give us unparalleled reach across the country and beyond.
Our success is based on our great people, great values and a winning corporate culture. Our people are passionate, driven and committed to continuous learning in order to maintain our edge. Our testimonial is that we are proud to be members of the HealthPlus family as we are offered a strong platform to explore our potentials. We believe in best practices always and therefore employ and retain the best talents. We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Risk Manager
Reference #: HP/IARM/10/2019
Contract Type: Permanent
- Accounting, Auditing, Compliance & Regulatory Affairs, Data Management, Finance, Quality Control, Risk Analysis, Risk Management
- Accounting & Auditing, Distribution, Warehousing & Freight, Fmcg (Fast Moving Consumer Goods Sector), Health / Fitness / Beauty, Healthcare, Pharmaceutical / Medical / Healthcare / Hygiene, Retail.
- The Risk Manager has the responsibility to manage and direct risk management and control activities within the department. The position is primarily responsible for coordinating internal control, risk identification, risk assessment, risk mitigation, risk monitoring and reporting.
- Review business processes for the identification of risk applicable to the business.
- Periodically scan operating environment for emerging risks.
- Carry out periodic risk assessment sessions to help prioritize identified risks.
- In conjunction with the process owners, develop and document mitigating strategies for assessed risks.
- Create risk awareness amongst staff by providing support and training on risk management issues to staff.
- Report on identified risks and risk assessment progress to senior management.
- Deploy risk and control self assessment (RCSA) in Health Plus.
- Design and implement an Internal Control Framework
- Identify opportunities for improving controls and make the necessary recommendation to improve the related processes.
- Assist in the development and implementation of goals, policies, priorities and procedures relating to internal controls over financial reporting.
- Resolve all identified internal control issues with process owners by applying effective collaboration and facilitation skills with them.
- Liaise with top management and disseminate the requisite information to Management to aid internal control compliance, knowledge and awareness
- Assist in project management by applying techniques to assess project objectives and risks, develop estimates of resources, monitor task completion and promptly escalate to avoid barriers
- Identify and help to implement recommendations on Health Plus’ inefficiencies on internal controls
- Initiate, execute and monitor programs for the implementation of HealthPlus’ Risk Management framework.
- Develop, communicate and monitor the Company’s risk appetite, key risk indicators and risk tolerances in pursuit of business objectives and provide Management with periodic status reports to embed the risk management culture in decision making process at all levels of the organisation.
- Drive standardisation in risk assessment approach across departments, including consistency across risk register maintenance, identifying common elements across risks, mapping relationships and dependencies between risks requirements and expectations in Health Plus.
- Design and implement an overall risk management process for Health Plus including determination of the financial and non-financial impact on Health Plus.
- Bachelor’s degree in any relevant course
- Minimum of eight years relevant work experience in Risk Management, Audit and Finance
- Excellent verbal & written communications skills
- Effective and Efficient Business writing skills
- Numerate, with good finance abilities and capable of managing budgets
- Strong forecasting and planning skills; able to correct assess the needs of the Business
- Good working knowledge of MS Office applications
- Sound analytical reasoning
- Demonstrate sound decision making & problem solving skills
- Good negotiation skills
- High level of Integrity
- Excellent Interpersonal & people skills
- Ability to demonstrate strong emotional intelligence
- High level of personal effectiveness; able to prioritize and manage time
- Detail Orientation.
Application Deadline: 5th November, 2019
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online