Heartland Alliance International, one of the world’s leading anti-poverty organizations, works in communities in the U.S. and abroad to serve those who are homeless, living in poverty, or seeking safety.
Heartland Alliance International – Nigeria, is currently recruiting to fill the position listed below:
Job Title: Procurement Officer
Location: Country Office, Abuja
Contract Duration: 11 Months
- Candidates must meet the minimum requirements listed and should be committed to the promotion of human rights, regardless of age, ethnicity, class or gender.
- The procurement Officer will play a key role in procuring high quality and cost- efficient supplies.
- Follow Heartland Alliance Nigeria procurement procedures and guidelines; work closely with the Administrative Assistant to maintain an updated list of inventory.
- Filing procurement related documents according to provided procurement guidelines.
- Candidates must be willing to work with diverse population in a supportive and accepting manner.
- Heartland Alliance Nigeria seeks a detail-oriented, thorough, and organized Procurement Officer to oversee purchases and negotiating contracts with vendors on behalf of the organization.
- H/she will coordinate all phases of contractors/vendors sourcing and selection process.
- Evaluate procurement policies and make suggestions for improvement where needed.
- Track vendors’ payment in liaison with the finance unit.
- Minimum of a Bachelor’s degree in Social Sciences, Supply Chain Management, or related field.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective, sustainable relationships with program staff, vendors and program recipients.
- 3 – 5 years experience as a Procurement Officer supporting international procurement and distribution of health commodities such as medicines, laboratory reagents, hospital and laboratory equipment and personal protective equipment
- Thorough understanding of Supply Chain Management operational concepts surrounding production planning, inventory control, purchasing, logistics, stockroom operations, and shipping/receiving
- Experience with donors funded program, and certification in purchasing and supply management will be added advantage.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should submit a one-page cover letter, CV (not exceeding 3 pages) with 3 professional references (name, company, email and phone number) to: [email protected]
- Heartland Alliance International-Nigeria does not provide relocation allowance, Females are encouraged to apply.
- The subject of the email should be the applicants Full Name, Position title and location applied for, for e.g. Rose Gold Pharmacy Advisor Abuja
- Applications that do not meet the above specification will be rejected.
- Only short listed candidates will be contacted.
Application Deadline 2nd January, 2018.