Posted on :
17 May, 2012
17 May, 2012
Administrative Coordinator (AC)
Qualification: Bachelors degree in Social Sciences, Law, Business Administration or Management; Minimum of 3 years experience in a similar position.
Deadline for submission of Applications: COB 25th May 2012
Brief about Helen Keller International
Helen Keller International (HKI) is an international agency whose mission is to save the sight and lives of the most vulnerable and disadvantaged HKI implements a bi-annual campaign on vitamin A supplementation in 10 states of the federation, supports onchocerciasis control in Borno, Adamawa and Akwa Ibom states, and recently expanded its portfolio of programs in Nigeria in to the areas of food fortification and advocacy for the use of orange flesh sweet potato: a root crop rich in Vitamin A.
The Admin Coordinator will assist in the day to day execution of all admin and finance functions in the Helen Keller International, Nigeria office under the supervision of the Finance and Admin Manager.
Under the overall guidance of the Finance and Admin Manager, the Admin Coordinator will provide support for the day to day running including administrative and logistical activities of the HKI Country Office, ensuring high quality and accuracy of work. The Office Coordinator promotes a client, quality and results-oriented approach and ensures consistent service delivery.
Reports Directly to: Finance/Admin Manager (FM)
Supervises: IT, Administration Assistant and Drivers
Collaborates with: HKI Country program and finance staff & Partners
The Admin Coordinator is to ensure implementation of operational strategies including:
• Full compliance of administrative activities with HKI regulations, policies and strategies;
• Support to the HKI Country Office administrative business processes;
• Preparation of the office, administrative team results-oriented work plans;
• Implementation of cost saving and reduction strategies in consultations with office management;
The Admin Coordinator will ensure effective and efficient provision of HKI Office coordination activities which include:
• Coordination of logistics including booking of flight and hotel reservations, making arrangement for transportation, review of travel authorizations, documentation and payments;
• Coordination and supervision of support staff (driver, office assistant);
• Presentation of thoroughly researched information for planning of financial resources for administrative services;
• Picking up incoming call and reception of visitors to the organization and direction of visitors and partners inquiries to appropriate authorities in a professional manner.
The AC will provide support to proper supply and assets management including:
• Coordination of assets management in HKI Country Office which includes coordination of physical verification of inventory items;
• Ensures provision of reliable and quality office supplies;
• Proper inventory control; supervision of proper issuance of inventory items and supplies;
• Provide assistance to the Finance Manager in the preparation of budget, audit and other reports;
• Work with the FM, Project Managers to create annual and monthly budgets and ensure adequate contribution to the core costs from these;
• Assist in the preparation of office running budgets;
• Collaborate with FM and Project Managers to create budgets for new projects;
Project Monitoring & Reporting
• Analyze and monitor all grants and provide feedback to FM;
• Interact with program staff on project funding status;
• Prepare when necessary, donor reports and submit to FM for review and approval;
• Monitor any sub-grant spending as dictated by donor rules and regulations;
• Preparation of tender dossiers;
• Write, obtain approval coordinate and evaluate contracts;
• Monitoring of contracts assigned and report to FM.
• Organizing orientation for new staff;
• Filing and updating staff files;
• Prepare monthly payroll and appropriate wage, pension and income tax payments deductions and ensure they are paid in timely manner;
• Compilation of staff timesheet for CD approval and recording of staff leave;
• Prepare staff severance payments;
• Supervise and ensure the implementation of National Staff Terms and Conditions and all matters relating to leave and severance;
• Maintain staff contracts and personnel files;
• Respect and work within all aspects of HKI Universal’s internal Security Policy and Guidelines for West Africa and those specific to Nigeria;
• Follow up update of local rules and regulations;
• Prepare annual personal evaluation reports on staff under his/ her supervision.
• Carrying out other HR functions as directed by Country Director
• Assist in country audit as needed;
• Approve petty cash spending;
• Assist in following up on audit findings and recommendations;
• Assist in responding to external or internal auditor requests;
• Responsible for all HKI registration documentation, immigration and work permits;
• Assist to meetings and discussions with partners as needed; Ensure all logistics are in working order, fully serviced, licensed and insured and log books properly kept by drivers;
• Ensure safety measures are maintained in the vehicle and office including First Aid and fire precautions;
• Attend monthly meetings and subcommittee meetings as required;
• Maintain and update HKI-NG Emergency Action Plan (EAP) and distribute the updated EAP to all new staff and interns;
• Responsible for clearing any goods form the ports;
• Other tasks as necessary and required including deputizing for FM when she is away from the office, as authorized by CD or RO.
• Provide support in the organization of trainings and seminars ;
• Briefing to staff members on general administrative matters; provision of advice and administrative support;
• To provide and constantly update quarterly Bulletin on office programs to be forwarded to the CD through the Program Managers.
• Execute all other tasks as assigned by the FM or CD
How to apply
All applicants should submit electronically
1. A curriculum vitae
2. Curriculum vitae should indicate at minimum applicant’s: qualification and dates obtained; previous work experience and dates; age and referees
3. A covering letter
To [email protected] by close of business of the deadline stated above. Applications received after 5pm on the day will not be considered.
Please note that only applications submitted electronically shall be considered.