Helen Keller International (HKI), established in 1915, works to save the sight and lives of the most vulnerable and disadvantaged. We combat the causes and consequences of blindness and malnutrition by establishing programs based on evidence and research in vision, health and nutrition. Headquartered in New York City, HKI currently conducts programs in 22 countries in Africa and Asia as well as in the United States.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Procurement/Logistics Officer
- Under the supervision of the Finance & Operations Manager, the Procurement/Logistics Officer, executes procurement and logistics functions, both locally and internationally, for HKI Nigeria
- Responsible for the daily coordination of HKI Nigeria procurement activities;
- Ensures that HKI procurement policies and formats are properly used.
- Actively contributes to the overall program planning and implementation process.
- Assists program and support staff on creating clear and understandable purchase requests (PR) and other documentation;
- Collects quotations and bids from the market for PR-s as assigned by manager(s) – as per HKI standards and formats;
- Interact with contractors, in coordination with the Operations departments of HKI, Nigeria.
- Prepares the required documentation of supplies and transactions as to HKI standards.
- Compiles and prepares status reports on deliveries for programs, office management and recipient of supplies.
- Receives the goods as per the description on the purchase order/request. Inspects goods upon delivery and rejects inadequate, broken, lower quality and other items not meeting the requirements of the order;
- Complies with the HKI procurement manual and donor requirements
- Processes payments for completed procurements ensuring acknowledgement in terms of GRNs, completion certificates and waybills
- Updates the HKI Nigeria vendor list as required.
- Maintains thorough procurement files as outlined in the HKI procurement policy;
- Maintains the filing of both hard and soft copies of the ongoing and complete purchase requests with all the supporting documents as required by the HKI Procurement Policy;
- Ensures the timely and well documented delivery of supplies to respective HKI Nigeria field offices in coordination with the field based logistics officers.
- Interacts with suppliers in the receiving and inspection of goods –Ensures that GRNs are issued.
- Assists in making international and local travel arrangements for local and international staff. These include but are not limited to hotel and phone arrangements , assistance to obtain required visas , etc
- Arranges hotel accommodations for Nigerian staff, participants, consultants who participate assignments.
- Coordinate the approved PR making sure that materials, equipment, etc required for the activity are organized and ready for the activity.
- Initiates travel request and prepares travel claims for CD and managers;
- Arranges for repairs of equipment and vehicles when required
- The Procurement/Logistics officer will conduct him/herself both professionally and personally in such a manner as to bring credit to HKI and to not jeopardize its humanitarian mission;
- Arranges for telephones for STTA and new staff, as the case may be.
- Organizes the dispatch of goods and equipment whenever required and ensures that packing list, waybills and export documentations where necessary are prepared. Ensures that shipping details are communicated in writing promptly to the receiver.
- Calendar management, ensuring conference rooms are booked and Meeting/conference/activity logistics and making sure to update the records regularly.
- Assists the HR Coordinator to arrange space for new ensuring the availability of desks, chairs etc. are ready for them to use on the start day.
- Carry out additional tasks, as requested by the Finance & Operations Manager, Managers, HR/Admin Coordinator and Country Director.
Key Performance Indicators:
- Timely response to all procurements and logistics request.
- Complete documentation of all procurement activities and processes.
Qualifications and Experience Required
- Minimum of a Degree in relevant business field such as Accounting, Business Administration, etc.
- At least 4 years working experience in logistics and procurement especially in development work.
- Computer literacy skills especially in MS Excel and experience with using email.
- Proven ability to multi-task and process information into action as to not delay program activities.
- Possess the ability to work simultaneously on multiple tasks and meet critical deadlines
- Willingness and ability to work effectively with a wide variety of people
- Strong ability to work as part of a team and coordinate with project personnel
- High level of integrity and honesty.
- Detailed knowledge and understanding of procurement ethics and donor compliance is essential.
- Excellent oral and written English skills,
- Proven ability to solve problems independently without supervision
- Conscientious with an excellent sense of judgment
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Applications and CV’s to: [email protected]
Application Deadline 25th January, 2018.