Helen Keller International (HKI) – Established in 1915, is an international non-governmental organization (NGO) dedicated to saving the sight and lives of the most vulnerable and disadvantaged. Headquartered in New York City, HKI currently conducts programs in 21 countries in Africa and Asia, as well as in the United States.
HKI implements integrated package of cost-effective interventions that are proven to improve maternal and child nutrition. HKI supports policies and programs on food fortification, vitamin A supplementation, infant and young child feeding, nutrition-sensitive agriculture, community-based management of acute malnutrition and prevention and treatment of neglected tropical diseases. At the core of HKI’s programs is advocacy and social behavior change communication to various stakeholders. HKI also undertakes cutting-edge research to influence policy decisions and inform program quality. We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Finance and Admin Associate
- The USAID Advancing Nutrition implements and provides technical support to nutrition interventions across sectors and disciplines for USAID and its partners.
- The project’s multi-sectoral approach draws together global nutrition experience to design, implement and evaluate programs that address the root causes of malnutrition.
- Committed to using a systems approach, USAID Advancing Nutrition strives to sustain positive outcomes by building local capacity, supporting behavior change and strengthening the enabling environment to save lives, improve health, build resilience, increase economic productivity and advance development.
- The overall purpose of the project in Nigeria is to provide technical support to the Government of Nigeria, and other nutrition stakeholders and generate evidence to enhance nutrition programming toward achieving the overall goal of improving nutrition for a healthy, productive, and resilient Nigeria.
Scope of the Position :
- The Finance and Admin Associate will be responsible for the accurate flow of financial and operational systems, and also work on designing and implementing financial reports.
- The associate ensures effective implementation of project activities in the field location within the context of financial, contractual and operational systems.
- He/she will manage the budget of the state field office / project, implementation of Helen Keller financial policies and procedures, ensure compliance and works collaboratively with other Finance and projects technical staff to facilitate project activities.
- The Finance and Admin Associate will oversee the operations and finances of the state office.
- Review activity requests and prepare bank vouchers for payments
- Track cash flow and compile retirement receipts and review
- Enter payments and retirements into financial accounting software on daily basis using Quick-Books
- Reconcile all bank account monthly against bank statement and submit to the Finance Coordinator and Head of Finance and Operations for review
- Manage petty cash reconciliation
- Preparation of office running budget
- Check matching expenses for compliance with donor regulations
- Monitor donor budget and prepare all necessary donor reports and submit to Finance Coordinator and Head of Finance and Operations for review and approval.
- Assist with month end reporting package
- Ensure implementation of regulations and procedures for local purchase, procurement and logistics management.
- Maintain rigorous operations in the field office, communicating regularly with the Abuja office to assure smooth operations.
- Assist technical staff to develop and manage monthly and quarterly activity budgets.
- Implement financial and internal control policies and procedures
- Process supplier invoices
- Ensure transactions are properly recorded and entered into Helen Keller Quick books
- Maintain financial files and records
- Maintain the assets register
- Submit staff time sheets for payroll processing.
- University Degree in Business Management and/or Accounting.
- Postgraduate Degree in related field and possession of professional qualifications such as ACA or ACCA is an added advantage
- 3+ years experience working in complex programs, preferably with direct experience in Nigeria; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Knowledge and Skills:
- Strong numeric skills and attention to detail and quality
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Programs, especially Excel spreadsheets
- Ability to use accounting software
- Demonstrate good judgment and sound financial “common sense”
- Ability to create and monitor budgets
- Understand the principles of adequate documentation and of audit and performance necessary to ensure audit compliance.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft software packages: Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook.
- Advanced written and verbal proficiency in English including business terminology.
- Commitment to accuracy and attention to detail
- Ability to plan, balance and cope with competing priorities
- Logical and flexible approach to solving problems, especially when working under pressure
- Ability to establish priorities in a time-sensitive environment and meet deadlines.
- Excellent communication, interpersonal and organizational skills
- Monitoring / assessing performance to make improvements or take corrective action.
Interested and qualified candidates should submit a Cover Letter and Resume as one document to: [email protected] using the Job Title and the Location as the subject of the mail.
Application Deadline: 31st December, 2021.
Note: Applications will be accepted until the positions are filled.