Hello Tractor is an award-winning diversified ag-tech company focused on improving food and income security throughout sub-Saharan Africa. Resource-poor farmers often face labor constraints that result in under cultivation, late planting, and lost income. Hello Tractor facilitates convenient and affordable tractor services to these farmers while providing additional income by turning tractor’s into Smart Tractors.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Accountant
- The accountant will be responsible for the timely, accurate and complete recording of all business transactions, and the timely preparation of Hello Tractor’s monthly, quarterly and annual financial statements.
- S/he will also be responsible for the preparation of reporting packages to satisfy the reporting requirements of applicable regulatory authorities and external stakeholders (e.g., donors).
The accountant will be responsible for:
- Maintaining existing policies and procedures for Finance and Accounting (e.g., Accounting principles, Finance policy, standard operating procedures)
- Understanding the Company’s external and internal stakeholders that require reporting, and maintain a repository of their reporting needs
- Working with external auditors
- Participating in the development of new policies, procedures, and controls as required.
- Maintaining the Chart of Accounts
- Conducting the monthly, quarterly and annual closing of the Company’s general ledger, and conduct the necessary reconciliations, and post required adjusting entries
- Drafting the financial statements (income statement, balance sheet, cash flow statements)
Additionally, the accountant should:
- Have a good understanding of the Nigerian and Kenyan regulatory environment for small private companies
- Be committed to ongoing learning and contribute to an open and loyal working environment
- Be comfortable working in English
- Have a good understanding the of the International Framework for Reporting Standards (IFRS)
- Follow developments on international accounting standards (IFRS) and best practice in accounting for social enterprises
- Contribute to improving HT’s Accounting and Finance processes
- Have a good understanding of the risk and control framework
Skills and Qualifications
- University degree in Finance and/or Accounting
- Has, or is working towards, an internationally recognized accounting designation, preferably a CPA designation
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Applications (Word, Excel and PowerPoint)
- Experience working with QuickBooks Online (desirable)
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Resume to: [email protected] Please put Accountant in the subject line.
Application Deadline: 30th April, 2018.