HMD Africa is the leading multi-brand distributor of machinery, equipment and parts in West Africa. Our comprehensive portfolio of premium brands is the industry reference. Founded in Lebanon in 1976, HMD evolved from a one stop shop for used machinery & parts to an international distribution company with a footprint in the Middle East, Africa, Europe and USA. Since the year 2000, HMD has been focused on playing an integral role in the building of West African infrastructure, where we clearly positioned ourselves as the ultimate machinery solutions partner.
HMD’s success is driven by its team of experts whose passion is to exceed all expectations and provide genuine after sales support. The core of HMD’s business is to understand customer needs and to provide quality solutions and services with professionalism and integrity. We strive not only to succeed but rather to be of value. Our ultimate goal is to uplift the machinery industry across Africa. We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: HR / Admin Specialist
Location: Lekki, Lagos
Employment Type: Full-time
- The HR/Admin Specialist will perform administrative tasks and services to support effective and efficient operations of the organization’s human resource department.
Duties / Responsibilities:
- Maintains accurate and up-to-date human resource files, records, and documentation.
- Answers frequently asked questions from applicants and employees relative to standard policies, benefits, hiring processes, etc.; refers more complex questions to appropriate senior-level HR staff or management.
- Maintains the integrity and confidentiality of human resource files and records.
- Performs periodic audits of HR files and records to ensure that all required documents are collected and filed appropriately.
- Provides clerical support to the HR department.
- May assist with payroll functions including processing, answering employee questions, fixing processing errors, and distributing checks.
- Acts as a liaison between the organization and external benefits providers and vendors, which may include health, disability, and retirement plan providers.
- Conducts or assists with new hire orientation.
- Assists with planning and execution of special events such as benefits enrollment, organization-wide meetings, employee recognition events, holiday parties, and retirement celebrations.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree in HR or Business Administration
- 2-4 years experience in a similar role
- Heavy Equipment Industry experience is a major plus
Required Skills / Abilities:
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills with ability to manage sensitive and confidential situations with tact, professionalism, and diplomacy
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite or related software
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Applications to: firstname.lastname@example.org using the job title as the subject of the mail.