HMD Africa is the leading multi-brand distributor of machinery, equipment and parts in West Africa. Our comprehensive portfolio of premium brands is the industry reference. Founded in Lebanon in 1976, HMD evolved from a one stop shop for used machinery & parts to an international distribution company with a footprint in the Middle East, Africa, Europe and USA. Since the year 2000, HMD has been focused on playing an integral role in the building of West African infrastructure, where we clearly positioned ourselves as the ultimate machinery solutions partner. HMD’s success is driven by its team of experts whose passion is to exceed all expectations and provide genuine after sales support. The core of HMD’s business is to understand customer needs and to provide quality solutions and services with professionalism and integrity. We strive not only to succeed but rather to be of value. Our ultimate goal is to uplift the machinery industry across Africa. We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Epiroc Technician
Location: Epe, Lagos
Employment Type: Full-time
Duties / Responsibilities
- To carry out daily checks as per checklist, prevent and repair defects.
- To report all major defects to either the Service Manager.
- To find fault and repair equipment under contract to Epiroc standards.
- To ensure that all relevant documentation (work order, Operator/ Mechanical/ productivity checklists) is complete as per requirement.
- To ensure that all tools, workshop facility and equipment are used correctly and kept in good working condition.
- Ensure good housekeeping in the workshop.
- To report on incident/accidents damage caused by the client.
- Work shift rosters as required.
- To ensure that customer demands are met in terms of response, service etc.
- Training of customers on the operations of machines and their safe usage.
- Continuous development by taking up training courses where necessary
- To perform other related work as assigned.
- To be available 24/7.
Requirements (Education and Experience)
- Technician / Craft Certificate or any related field.
- Experience in Mining Machinery, Epiroc, Sandvik, Atlas copco is highly desired.
Key Knowledge, Attributes, Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to identify mechanical problems and apply diagnostic methods to achieve satisfactory results.
- Ability to effectively test , adjust and repair works
- Ability to interpret Hydraulic/ Pneumatic/Electrical drawings
- Ability to identify, organize and use resources effectively to complete tasks with due regard to cost, quality, safety and environmental impact.
- Function as an effective member of a team.
- Manage and apply safe systems of work.
- Accept responsibility for work of self and others.
- Work reliably and effectively without close supervision, to the appropriate codes of practice.
- Attention to detail and show a strong sense of urgency.
- Ability to show strong Reporting capabilities
- Ability to Travel frequently.
Safety, Health, Environmental and Quality Requirements:
- To conduct and attend SHEQ talks.
- To wear correct PPE at all times
- To ensure good housekeeping in the workshop
- To report all incident/accidents to the immediate supervisor
- Employees to protect their own health and safety
- Employees to protect health and safety of others.
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
Application Deadline: Not Specified.