Hobark International Limited (HIL) is the parent company of the Hobark group operating in the oil and gas industry. The company was incorporated in 1998, starting as a staffing agency based in Port Harcourt. Currently we have offices in 4 countries with our head office in Lagos. We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: QAQC Engineer
Location: Port Harcourt, Rivers
Job Type: Contract
- Promote safety culture and COMPANY HSE rules within COMPANY and contractors personnel,
- Ensure contractors and other personnel comply with COMPANY HSE rules,
- Participate in and conduct Contractor Yards HSE Tours when required,
- Responsible for the implementation of system quality management and ensure it is established when required in accordance to ISO 9001:2015.
- Review projects QA/QC documentation including Inspection Test Plan, calibration certificates, test results, inspection requests, welding procedures and other site documentations using PRODOM
- Ensure accountability of ECP construction quality interfacing with multidisciplinary processes and produce all project deliverables as stated in project operational documents.
- Responsible for monitoring prefabrication / installation work processes and analyze all processes to ensure compliance to general Company specifications / rules.
- Interface with discipline inspection engineers or supervisors and ensure proper understanding of quality standards & procedures, monitor compliance and report non-conformance.
- Responsible for managing work methods with applicable specifications or standards and ensure non-conformances were identified and documented.
- Ensure proper collaboration and alignment with construction contractors or supplier in other to always maintain system quality policy and objectives.
- Define QA/QC requirements where necessary and ensure they are included in tenders and service contracts.
- Interface with ECP onshore & offshore, C&P team for technical clarifications and ensure quality requirements are met.
- Carry out regular surveillance inspection for all activities on site and that of contractors / sub-contractors.
- Track quality performances in all activities in ECP and ensure work is performed meeting Company quality objective.
- Assist in the accreditation of contractor’s NDT subcontractors and ensure compliance with Company rules and specification.
- Ensure establishment and proper implementation of controls within project management team in accordance to Generic Quality Plan.
- Ensure correct implementation of approved Inspection Test Plan by Construction team and Contractors.
- Ensure proper inspection program is established at all time to meet quality requirements for the storage of project materials and consumables and manage material traceability
- Provide specialist skills / services to ECP QA/QC team especially for fabrication & painting activities and ensure adequate resources are available for ECP construction programs.
- Ensure inspected materials on arrival is within conformity and issue reports for all project materials in coordination with materials inspector.
- Ensure all non-destructive and destructive testing carried out conforms to specification and that code requirements were complied.
- Have the ability to plan and carry out independent quality audit on contractors when needed and issue a reliable report in line with applicable standards.
- Take part in project kick off meetings and other project related meetings as may be required and prepare reports when required.
- Prepare and issue weekly and monthly report covering all quality inspection works.Collate technical queries, Derogations, NCR, and other task that may be assigned by QA/QC Leader.
- Education: Mechanical Engineering or equivalent with a minimum of 7 years’ experience in Oil & Gas EPCI projects Quality Control management positions,
- Certifications: AWS-CWI or CSWIP3.1, ISO 9712 or ASNT II, NACE II or equivalent, ISO 9001:2015, and IRATA 2.
- Proven technical skills with ability to work with team of Quality inspectors and supervisors (civil, welding, painting, E&I, NDT, etc.),
- Good interpersonal and communication skills with ability to adapt and represent COMPANY in discussions with contractors,
- Software capabilities: MS Office packages – good experience in the use of Excel, Project, and any specialized software
- Candidate applying for this position shall Not be more than 40years of age from the date of application.
- SAS HUET (or BOSIET), CA-EBS, and other mandatory operational HSE requirements.
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
Application Deadline: Not Specified.