Hospitality Groundworks is a modern and innovative hospitality consultancy and management expert specializing in providing excellent hospitality support and advisory services for hospitality businesses across Nigeria and the African continent. We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Operations Manager
Location: Victoria Island, Lagos
Employment Type: Full-time
- In this position, you will oversee the business operations of the company, providing operational support to clients businesses ensuring that revenue and clients’ targets are achieved.
- Work in conjunction with the CEO to actively manage key issues (including capital projects; customer service; refurbishment)
- Assist the development of meaningful, achievable budgets and other short and long term hotel strategic goals
- Provide effective leadership to the management team and team members to ensure targets are met and exceeded
- Respond to audits that are completed by the company to ensure continual improvement is achieved
- Plan, direct and coordinate the service delivery of all operational departments in order to meet and exceed clients expectations
- Comply and exceed company Service Standards
- Ensure that costs are controlled throughout the operational departments and results are analyzed regularly to highlight problem areas and take appropriate action
- Manage and develop the Heads of Department to ensure career progression and effective succession planning within the property and company
- Seek and respond to guest feedback in order to achieve positive outcomes and high levels of customer satisfaction
- Hold regular briefings and communication meetings with teams Participate in corporate activities and meetings as requested. Assist in the administration of succession planning.
- Participate and maintain active community relations.
- Attend industry meetings and participates in industry organizations
Skills & Experience:
- A Bachelor’s Degree or Master’s in Hotel Management or equivalent
- At least 5 years relevant work experience.
- Strong commercial acumen, preferably with experience in Food and Beverage or Rooms Management
- Experience in managing budgets, revenue proposals and forecasting results In-depth knowledge of and experience in the hospitality industry
- Strong leadership skills to effectively manage and motivate the team to achieve high level of perform and exceed targets
- Accountable and resilient
- Ability to work under pressure
- It would be advantageous in this position for you to demonstrate the following capabilities and distinctions:
- Knowledge of the hotel property management systems Previous experience in the same or similar role.
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV to: Joy@hospitalitygroundworks.com using the Job Title as the subject of the mail.
1st February, 2023.