House of Tara International – We are House of Tara, the largest brand in the beauty and cosmetics industry out of Africa. We currently have 13 branches across Nigeria with sales presence in Ghana, Seychelles, Tanzania, Kenya & South Africa. Our company takes pride in not just beauty consultation, but in empowering women, creating self-awareness and enhancing self-esteem. We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Human Resources Generalist
Location: Lekki Phase 1, Lagos
Employment Type: Full-time
- We are seeking a skilled, qualified, highly motivated, and versatile Human Resources Generalist who will be responsible for running the daily functions of the People Operations alongside the other team members; you will contribute to making the company a better place to work, can liaise with stakeholders on all sides and at all levels of the business.
- You will need to be responsive to day-to-day unexpected events that impact the teams for which you are responsible, as well as manage the processes that ensure that employee experience is delivered 100%.
- Actively involved in talent acquisition, recruitment and performance managementprocesses.
- Conduct employee onboarding and help organize training & development initiatives
- Provide support to employees in various HR-related functions such as leave, employee benefits/programs and resolve any issues that may arise.
- Draw up plans for future personnel hiring procedures and goals with consultations of business leaders in assigned location.
- Liaise with relevant departments for the provision of work tools for new hires.
- Handles employment-related inquiries from applicants, employees, and supervisors, referring complex and/or sensitive matters to the appropriate personnel.
- Perform pre-employment medical and background checks as required by House of Tara International.
- Maintain compliance with federal, state, and local employment laws and regulations, and recommend best practices; reviews policies and practices to maintain compliance.
- Promote HR programs to create an efficient and conflict-free workplace.
- Gather and analyze data with useful HR metrics, like time to hire and employee turnover rates, and identify weak and strong areas to help prioritize issues, improvement areas, etc
- Ensure payment for statutory remittances are done promptly.
- Answer employee queries and addresses employee concerns; escalate where necessary.
- Advise line managers and other employees on employment law and House of Taraemployment policies and procedures.
- Support the development and implementation of HR nitiatives and systems.
- Maintains knowledge of trends, best practices, regulatory changes, and new technologies in human resources, talent management, and employment law.
- A recognized Degree in HR or Business-related field, with a minimum of 3 years experience in a FMCG, FinTech or an E-Commerce Organisation.
- Understanding of Labor laws, Legislation and disciplinary procedures.
- Outstanding organizational and time-management abilities.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, problem-solving and decision-making aptitude
- Strong ethics and reliability.
- Able to engage in meaningful negotiation and resolution.
- Ability to juggle multiple tasks and to prioritize workload.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Relevant certification from HR professional institution e.g., CIPM, CIPD, SHRM, SPHR.
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV to: [email protected] using the Job Title as the subject of the mail.
30th November, 2022.
Note: Only qualified candidates will be contacted.