Howard Partners – Our client, a reputable private security company based in Abuja, is seeking the services of a qualified candidate to fill the position below:
Job Title: Chief Executive Officer (CEO)
- The Chief Executive Officer (CEO) will be responsible for leading the development and execution of the Company’s long term strategy with a view to creating shareholders’ value.
- The CEO’s leadership role also entails being ultimately responsible for all day-to-day management decisions and for implementing the Company’s’long and short term plans
- The CEO acts as a direct liaison between the Board and management of the Company and communicates to the Board on behalf of management.
- The CEO also communicates on behalf of the Company to shareholders, employees, Government authorities, other stakeholders and the public.
More specifically, the duties and responsibilities of the CEO include the following:
- To lead, in conjunction with the Board, the development of the Company’s strategy;
- To abide by specific internally established control systems and authorities, to lead by personal example and encourage all employees to conduct their activities in accordance with all applicable laws and the Company’s standards and policies, including its environmental, safety and health policies.
- To lead and oversee the implementation of the Company’s long and short term plans in accordance with its strategy;
- To ensure the Company is appropriately organized and staffed and to have the authority to hire and terminate staff as necessary to enable it to achieve the approved strategy;
- To ensure that the Directors are properly informed and that sufficient information is provided to the Board to enable the Directors to form appropriate judgments;
Qualifications and Experience
- Degree or other relevant qualification in Management or related discipline. An MBA is desirable.
- 10 years plus experience of selling in a business to business and customers’ environment.
- Experience managing client relationships to grow revenue within accounts.
- Senior officer level experience with the Security management Agency/ Marketplace is advantageous.
- Demonstrated stakeholder management.
- Record of involvement in a complex sell at board level.
Competences and Qualities:
- In-depth understanding of the Security management industry, including players, key trends and growth drivers.
- Ability to formulate and or champion ideas and concepts to improve business performance in order to achieve its set objectives.
- Appreciation of leading practices and trends in risk management.
- Appreciation of strategic planning and performance measurement tools and techniques.
- Possesses a win-win attitude.
- Very good knowledge and understanding of relevant local regulations guiding Security management operations in Nigeria.
- Understanding and awareness of critical success factors for operations within the Security management industry.
- Appreciable knowledge of the Nigerian economic environment.
- Ability to think strategically and approach issues from a holistic perspective.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Applications and Cover Letter to: [email protected]
Application Deadline 24th April, 2018.