Posted on :
7 May, 2010
7 May, 2010
Hewlett-Packard Company (NYSE: HPQ), commonly referred to as HP, is an American multinational information technology corporation headquartered in Palo Alto, United States, HP Nigeria recruits Account Manager
Account (A Corporate Account represents HP’s largest and most valued customers).
Key responsibilities include but aren’t limited to:
• Serves as the overall dedicated Account Manager for a defined account or segment of a corporate account.
• Aggressive sales leadership, representing the Enterprise Business full portfolio to drive account growth and share of wallet.
• Understands the Clients critical business priorities and supporting IT challenges; Focuses on driving value for the client while maximizing competitive share, revenue and margin for HP.
• Supported by presales, product/service specialists and inside sales support, establishes a professional working relationship (up to the executive level) with the client, by developing a core understanding of the unique business needs of the client within their industry.
• Tailors HP strategy and solutions to meet the needs of the customer.
• Interfaces with both internal and external/industry experts to anticipate customer needs and facilitates solutions development.
• Identifies, qualifies, and closes new business that results in substantial incremental revenue and margins to HP.
• Demonstrates breadth and depth of knowledge in aligning HP capabilities to client business and IT priorities, and positioning relative to competitors.
• Builds, monitors and manages sales pipelines to ensure continuous population, forecast accuracy, achievement of quota, and movement of near- and long-term opportunities
• Develops comprehensive plans that articulate the strategies/ requirements essential for focusing sales activities, forecasting accurately, and communicating sales progress
• Coordinates different BUs and drives pricing decisions for portfolio solutions
Education and Experience Required:
• Bachelor’s Degree, Master of Business Administration (MBA) desired
• At least 8 years or more of corporate account management experience managing a quota in excess of x million $
• Industry expertise in one or more vertical solutions
• Experience leveraging internal sales and external channel partners & alliances to provide a total solution to the customer
• Account business planning
• Track record of building and deploying successful sales strategy
• Experience working with sales tools including Siebel
• Proven ability to build strong sales pipeline and accurately forecast business
• Strong and consistent track record of account management and sales performance
• P&L and risk management skills and experience required
• Proven sales and team leadership experience
• Prior experience managing complex sales processes including multi-country, multi-solution deals
Knowledge and Skills Required:
• Proven ability to align the client’s business needs with technology solutions.
• Highly developed business development and negotiation skills.
• Experience providing technology solutions which solve client’s key business challenges & position himself/herself as a trusted advisor with the client
• Account sales strategy and execution including usage of sales tools (Siebel, Target Account Selling (TAS,).
• Proven ability to provide timely and accurate forecasts and continually coaches team to do same
• Account/Team Leadership
• Proven experience building a business-case approach in crafting client proposals and in HP-internal requests for resource and/or investments.
• Expertise in managing end-to-end sales processes involving complex, multi country, multi-business unit deals. Industry
• Keeps abreast of industry trends as relates to opportunities to create added value for the client.
• Knowledge of industry and client’s security, risk and compliance issues.
• Strong presentation as well as verbal & written communication skills.