Posted on :
18 Nov, 2010
18 Nov, 2010
Hewlett-Packard Company offers various products, technologies, software, solutions, and services worldwide. The companys Services segment provides consulting, outsourcing, and technology services to infrastructure, applications, and business process domains. It serves manufacturing, financial services, healthcare, communications, energy, transportation, and consumer and retail industries, as well as governments. HP Nigeria recruits HR Generalist
HR Generalist (Nigeria)-521408
· Consults with country or regional business and human resources leaders to identify program needs.
· Implements human resources programs to meet business and functional needs.
· Manages the delivery of multiple programs simultaneously across a given geography.
· May represent HP to both internal and external stakeholders.
· Communicates Human Resource (HR) policies to business managers and employees; works with business leaders to deliver programs that are aligned with global policies and meet local needs.
· Coaches managers in routine performance and misconduct issues and provides resolution recommendations.
· Contributes to Africa priority projects teams.
Education and Experience Required:
· First-level university degree or equivalent experience.
· Typically 4-6 years related experience in human resources functional area, Human Resource Generalist, or HR Consulting role.
Knowledge and Skills Required:
· Strong knowledge of all human resources areas.
· Developed legal knowledge of the local environment.
· Strong business acumen.
· Strong communications skills.
· Advanced quantitative and qualitative analytical skills.
· Strong project management skills.
· Ability to respond independently to complex inquiries.
Critical Competencies to Drive Business Results:
Process Management & Transformation
Identifies process short-comings and works with others to improve or transform processes
Applies understanding of HP operations to support management effectiveness and responsiveness
Stakeholder Negotiation & Commitment Building
Collaborates effectively with others to ensure shared commitment to an enterprise and mutually beneficial results
Executive Business Relationship Building
Builds executive business-oriented relationships at the highest levels in pursuit of alliances that will advance or protect HP’s corporate interests
HP Businesses/Operations Integration
Understands and effectively integrates HP’s corporate vision, line-of-business objectives, and associated value propositions within operations program design & roll-out
HR Capabilities & Resources
Understands HR’s role in corporate governance and accesses this expertise in support of a positive corporate environment
HR Functions & Initiatives
Understands and supports the range of functions and initiatives HR brings to bear on work-life.
Workforce Planning & Development
Values the role of human capital and strives to optimally develop this resource for the benefit of the corporation
Develops methods for supporting innovation and change across the organization
Approaches problems in a rational manner using sound strategies that ensure comprehensive understanding and effective resolution