Posted on :
6 Nov, 2009
6 Nov, 2009
DFID Nigeria (DFIDN) is responsible for managing the British Government’s contribution to development in Nigeria, with the Objectives of supporting governments at federal and state level to reduce poverty in order to achieve the Millennium Development Goals (MDGs). Appointments will be under local terms and conditions and are subject to security clearance.
Contact [email protected] for application form and job description; and [email protected] for submission of application.
The post holder will assist to develop, oversee and monitor the implementation of DFID programmes SO that they are as effective as possible in supporting Nigeria’s progress to the MDGs. The post is based in the DFID Abuja office, with some requirement to travel to regional offices and implementing partners in programme states
The key responsibilities of this post are:
• Assist in programme identification and design, drawing up project documentation, drafting submissions for changes, and assisting in project launch and implementation.
• Provide technical direction to Programme Implementing Partners in addition to facilitating collaborative interventions with International Development Partners/ Stakeholders.
• Assist with the planning of and, where appropriate, participate on annual reviews of projects and follow up on recommendations from review reports.
• Review programme implementation progress reports and provide regular, guidance on emerging financial and procurement management issues.
• Monitoring compliance by project implementers to submit project audited statements and inventories on time. Reconciling submissions against existing project records.
You will have the following technical competencies:
• A first degree or its equivalent and a relevant postgraduate qualification in a field such as business administration, accountancy, economics, social sciences or development studies.
• Excellent numeracy and written English.
• Good level of competence in using Microsoft Word and Excel.
• Outstanding analysis and use of information, planning and delivery, decision making
• Knowledge of key issues and developments in HIV prevention and control in Nigeria would be helpful, but is not essential
You will demonstrate the following behavioral competencies:
• The ability to demonstrate a range of relevant experience and technical skills including:
Making expenditure forecasts for projects/programmes and monitoring budgets and interpreting financial audit reports for projects, interpreting rules and procedures on project implementation, guiding projects tl1rough implementation, monitoring and evaluation; and’ managing, supporting and developing other people Benefits
• DFID offers a competitive salary and benefit package.
• A starting salary of N 4,251,183.51 p.a. (Including allowances) gross per annum.
Method of Application:
1. If you are interested in applying for this position please e-mail to obtain the application form and relevant job description; send an email to the respective corresponding email addresses
2. Please state clearly the post you are applying for.
3. Completed application forms should be emailed or sent by hard copy to:
No. 29 Kampala St,
Off Cairo St, Off Adetokunbo Ademola,
Wuse II Abuja.
4. All enquiries should be directed to:
Kimberly Ryan 09-8703188 or
No. 29 Kampala St,
Off Cairo St, Off Adetokunbo Ademola
Wuse II Abuja
DFID is an Equal Opportunities employer. Applications are welcomed from all parts of the community, and the organization actively encourages interest from women, ethnic minority groups and those with disabilities. Selection is on merit. Only short listed candidates will be contacted.
Under no circumstances will applications be accepted after deadline.
Closing Date: 10th November, 2009.