Catholic Relief Services (CRS) is an International non-governmental organization supporting relief and development work in over 99 countries around the world. CR5 programs assist persons on the basis of need, regardless of creed, ethnicity or nationality CRS works through local church and non-church partners to implement its programs, therefore, strengthening and building the capacity of these partner organizations is fundamental to programs in every country in which CR5 operates. CRS re-established presence in Nigeria in 2000 and currently focuses on agriculture, health and emergency programming.
Catholic Relief Services is recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Human Resources Officer
- The HR Officer closely working with the Human Resources Manager will support the Abuja office and sub offices in Benin, Makurdi, Sokoto, Kebbi, Yobe, Ekiti, Ondo, Enugu, Ebonyi, Imo, Lagos, Kaduna, Akwa Ibom, Nasarawa States to manage, develop and administer policies and programs covering several but not limited to the following: recruitment, wage and salary administration, training, employee relations, and benefits.
- The focus will be supporting the HR Manager to cover a variety of client groups.
- H/She will work closely with the Human Resources Manager to develop plans and strategies to meet organizational requirements and ensure the program policies and practices comply with applicable laws and regulations.
- Additionally, H/She will be responsible for recording and updating the training, motivation, and evaluation of employees to meet CRS Nigeria’s strategic goals and objectives.
- Coordinate policies regarding human resources activities, such as recruitment, compensation, benefits, training, employee relations, and performance management.
- Process, verify, and maintain documentation relating to personnel activities such as staffing, recruitment, training, grievances, performance evaluations, and Classifications.
- Working with the HRM, Ensure all phases of the performance management system are implemented according to agency guidance, i.e. performance and development planning, coaching, assessment, mentoring, and career planning, 360 multi rater feedback).
- With the use of the survey monkey tool, responsible for implementing the 360 multi-rater surveys for national staff.
- Identify training and development opportunities using staff performance and development plans as a standard and working with Unit Heads
- Process employee requests for external trainings while complying with polices
- Working with the HRA, conduct reference and background checks for new hires and discuss results with HRM.
- Will assist in the review and development and implementation of new and existing HR policies and procedures
- Serve as a link between the HR team and employees by handling questions, interpreting and administering contracts, and helping to resolve work related problems.
- Suggest advertising sources. Assist in writing and recommend placement of job advertisements in various media according to needs.
- Interpret and provide guidance and instruction to sub office teams on HR processes, policies, workflow, and work unit priorities.
- Provide employees with information about policies, job descriptions, working conditions, wages and opportunities for promotion and employee benefits.
- Plan and conduct new employee orientation with the HRA to foster positive attitude toward organizational objectives.
- When applicable, contract with vendors to provide employee services such as health and life insurance etc.
- Draft and coordinate employee communications, letters and updates to both HQ and sub office staff e.g. appointments, promotions, merit increases etc.
- Prepare personnel action forms for new hires and forward to appropriate finance staff for addition to payroll.
- Track and generate relevant HR data and metrics to access organizational effectiveness
- In the absence of the Human Resources Manager, Act and represent at meetings, forums and networks.
- Ensure all HR Audit topics are covered and co-lead the closing of any HR Audit findings.
- In consultation with the Human Resources Manager will make decisions on HR issues
- Ensure local and international consultants are sourced according to agency guidelines and the database updated as needful.
- Provide advice and assistance to staff and management on pay and benefits systems
- Track probationary periods. Remind supervisors about probationary evaluations before completion of probationary service
- Manage national staff separation process including exit interviews, separation letters, clearance, ensuring policies and procedures as well as local labor laws have been followed
- Perform other duties, as assigned.
Required Qualifications and Experience
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Sound coordination skills and a demonstrated ability to multi-task.
- Respect the importance of confidentiality, as you will be dealing with employees’ personal details
- Must possess the ability to build good working relationships with colleagues at all levels
- Must be fair and objective in handling situations related to employee relations
- Good planning, monitoring and organizing skills and experience
- Results-oriented and ability to work with minimum supervision
- Demonstrated proactive leadership ability,
- Diplomacy, flexibility, and resourcefulness.
- Strong critical thinking and creative problem-solving skills.
- Ability to work effectively in diverse environments and Calmness under pressure
- First Degree in Law, Business Administration or Social Sciences. A Master’s Degree in Administration / Human Resources and or a professional HR certification will be an added advantage
- Sound knowledge of local labor laws and ability to understand and interpret legislative and policy issues
- Knowledge of payroll management will be an added advantage
- Must be familiar with participatory approach to developing HR Processes and Systems
- Proficiency in the use of Microsoft Office suite, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook
- Minimum of 3+ years post graduate experience in Administration/Human resource management, preferably in an International Organization;
- Must demonstrate a good understanding of contemporary human resource issues and best practices
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should download the CRS Application Form via the APPLY button below, fill and send with a detailed 3 pages resume both in a single file document to: [email protected]
Note: Applications sent in the required format will be considered and only short listed candidates will be contacted.
Application Deadline 29th June, 2016.