HumAngle Media Limited, founded by two Nigerian journalists, Obiora Chukwumba, (PhD) and Ahmad Salkida in March 2020, is a media platform committed to passionate, insightful and objective coverage of insecurity across Africa.
Over the years, insecurity has become the chief driver of mass mortality, economic and state instability in the region, yet it attracts no dedicated coverage from the media. HumAngle is the African Daily Newspaper focused on insecurity and humanitarian values. The reporting from HumAngle is delivered for public and special access in digital print and visual broadcast editions, featuring breaking news, analysis and factual commentary across the Sahel and Lake Chad; the Gulf of Guinea; Niger Delta and the sub-Saharan territories. We are recruiting to fill the position of:
Job Title: Research and Data Analyst
Employment Type: Full Time
- Coordinating the quarterly publication of extensive reports about trends in the security and development sectors.
- Analyzing data using statistical or mathematical software to generate descriptive statistics and develop statistical models and graphics.
- Collaborating with other employees to design and develop data mining, visualization, and analytical processes, and meeting the data demands of general publications.
- Collecting and evaluating information available publicly via news organizations, government reports, online forms, blogs, news sites, and other sources for research, marketing, and planning.
- Designing and using research tools such as questionnaires, focus groups, and interview schedules to collect relevant information.
- At least 3 years’ experience as a Data Analyst.
- A Bachelor’s Degree qualification; Post-graduate qualification is desirable.
- Statistical and programming languages tools e.g. Excel, SPSS, Eviews, SAS, Python, Oracle, SQL, etc.
- Exceptional writing and communication skills.
- Experience in conducting both qualitative and quantitative research.
- Ability to develop extensive and concise reports.
- Experience with data storage structures, mining, and data cleansing.
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
Application Deadline: 3rd September, 2021.