HydroDive provides a broad range of Marine Vessels, Air, Mixed Gas and Saturation Diving, ROV, AUV and Survey Services primarily to the offshore & inshore Petroleum Industry of the West African Region. HydroDive clients include Major Producing Companies as well as Major Construction Contractors involved with the marine construction, repair and maintenance of the infrastructure supporting Oil & Gas exploration & production.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: DP Vessels Manager
Reports to: Fleet Manager
- Managing the day to day activities of the company’s DP vessels
Duties & Responsibilities
- Controlling the vessel performance, shipboard maintenance and repair programs, dry dockings, deficiencies, and class and flag surveys and to ensure that these are completed within the required time. Monitoring and ensuring vessels performance in accordance with charter party requirements.
- Ensuring the ships entrusted to the marine department are operated to the highest standard with absolute regard to the safety of life at sea and protection of the environment and in conjunction with the crewing department ensure that the crews are of the highest standard achievable. To make recommendations for improvement.
- Approving the annual vessel operating budget and to monitor the development of actual costs throughout the year and to ensure that all costs are vigorously controlled.
- Monitoring of vessel visitations to ensure that vessels are regularly inspected. Ensuring that internal and external reports as per the SMS requirements are completed within the agreed schedule.
- Assist the company DPA in the implementation and maintenance of the SMS, both in the office, and onboard the vessel’s and any other issues related to class or flag.
- Scheduling the dry docking requirements and cost and for any other major repair work prior to tendering.
- To ensure that the companies Safety Management System and Security Polices are adhered to
- Assisting the legal department in the preparation of, and progression with, all insurance claims.
- Setting up and ensuring continued operation of team briefings, meetings and reporting directed towards achieving team awareness, commitment and objectives.
- To act as an interface between the Marine and Project Department in relation to live projects and those in the planning stage
- Reporting to the fleet Manager on all matters which are of concern.
- Ensuring that all HSE policies are adhered to
- Approving orders, invoices and payments up to limit of authorization.
- Assisting in any emergency response as required.
- To oversee appointment of senior officers.
Essential Skills, Qualifications and Experience
- A qualified Engineer, Master Mariner or Naval Architect or other appropriate managerial qualification, to have held a senior position within the shipping industry.
- A skilled organizer and communicator at all levels
- Committed to vigorous quality and cost control.
- Computer literate.
- Experience working with DP Vessels, also experience with DSV would be an added advantage.
Application Closing Date
6th February, 2018.