HYT Consulting – Our client is a multinational FMCG and a fast growing producers/manufacturer of various types of goods. As a result of business expansion and capacity building, unique career opportunities exist in the organization for highly competent and self-motivated professionals; the company is looking to fill the vacant position:
Job Title: Financial Controller
Report To: CFO
To ensure prompt preparation of Monthly Performance Report for Management decision
Duties & Responsibilities
- Coordinates all activities of the Department
- Preparation of Financial Statements
- Preparation and consolidation of budgets and long Term plans
- Expenditure Control including Budget preparation and Discipline.
- Analysis of variances against Budgets and KPI
- Management Information including periodical(weekly, monthly, quarterly or annual) reports.
- Management of Trade and Other debtors
- Project Evaluation and Monitoring
- Setting Key Performance Indices (KPIs) e.g.
- Ensures compliance with Quality System requirements in the department
- Preparation of monthly cash flow forecast
- Financial responsibility, including actuals and forecasting, of Business Development and Barter products
- Provision of revenue recognition advice to the business
- Work with the CFO to prepare annual budget and 3 year plan
- Preparation of monthly forecast including full responsibility for cost forecasting
- Preparation, review and analysis of quarterly health check
- Cost base analysis for both Support costs and Brand costs
- Client and Agency spend analysis .
Qualifications and Experience
- First degree in Accounting or related discipline.
- Professional accounting certification, e.g. ACA, ACCA, or other relevant higher business degree with proven analytical and qualitative accounting/ finance competencies.
- Experience in FMCG treasury funds management and loan syndication
- Twelve (12) years cognate experience, of which at least Three (3) years at senior management level
- Experience in FMCG industry with, key issues, trends and development.
- Advanced financial and accounting knowledge, including indepth understanding of international and local accounting and financial reporting standards.
- Good understanding of foreign exchange operations and regulations, and other relevant regulations – FMCG industry, income and other tax, etc.
- Strong knowledge of the local and international banking industry.
- Proven ability to interpret financial statement and apply a broad perspective in summarizing results.
- Verbal and written communication skills, presentation skills and the ability to influence others
- Ability to think strategically and holistically and to appreciate the systematic impact of various policies, issues and solutions
- Good at analyzing and resolving complex financial problems,
- Competent in the use of computers to enhance work performance,
- Self-motivated, diligent, and enthusiastic with a strong business orientation
- Ability to pay attention to details.
Application Closing Date
7th May, 2013
Method of Application
Interested qualified candidates should send their updated CVs to: [email protected] with the position you are applying for.