HYT Consulting – Our client is a multinational FMCG and a fast growing producers/manufacturer of various types of goods. As a result of business expansion and capacity building, unique career opportunities exist in the organization for highly competent and self-motivated professionals; the company is looking to fill the vacant position:
Job Title: Management Accountant
Report To: Financial Controller
To ensure prompt preparation of Monthly Performance Report for Management decision
Duties & Responsibilities
- Preparation of performance reports-MPR on monthly basis as well as the variance reports.
- Preparation of costing sheets reports on wheat import on vessel basis.
- Product costing for profitability implications.
- Co-ordination and arrangement of monthly stock taking exercise.
- Reconciliation of monthly sales reports .
- Supervise the activities of the financial account unit
- Ensure that all Suppliers invoices are fully booked before processing the payment
- Check to ensure that monthly Bank Reconciliation Statement as prepared by the officer concerned are correct, before forwarding same to FC and Chief Finance Officer for approval
- Reviews the periodic reconciliation of supplier’s and inter unit accounts to ensure that they are correctly done
- Reviews the posting of financial transaction into the subsidiary records to ensure that they are correctly done. Also to ensure that the subsidiary ledgers are in agreement with the general ledger all the time
- Raise all journal credit and debit notes for FC and Chief Finance Officer’s approval
- Check petty cash transactions on regular basis including retirement to ensure that everything is in order, also at a periodic interval conduct a surprise cash count
- On monthly basis prepare a statement of Interest and other bank charges for all the account in use for review by Chief Finance Officer
- Take custody of all financial documents and ensure that they are properly secured
- Take charge of the department in the absence of the Financial Controller
- Keep a good trend on staff loan and advances and ensure that monthly are regular up to the expiration of the loan period
- Ensure regular and prompt remittance of all statutory deductions to the appropriate authority
- Ensure the establishment and sustenance of good and reliable filling system in the unit
- Undertake any other assignment as may be directed by the Financial Controller
- Client and Agency spend analysis .
Qualifications and Experience
- First degree in Accounting or related discipline.
- Professional accounting certification, e.g. ACA, ACCA, or other relevant higher business degree with proven analytical and qualitative accounting/ finance competencies.
- Experience in treasury funds management and loan syndication
- Ten (8) years cognate experience, of which at least Three (3) years at senior management level
- Experience in FMCG industry with, key issues, trends and development.
- Advanced financial and accounting knowledge, including indepth understanding of international and local accounting and financial reporting standards.
- Good understanding of foreign exchange operations and regulations, and other relevant regulations – FMCG industry, income and other tax, etc.
- Strong knowledge of the local and international banking industry.
- Proven ability to interpret financial statement and apply a broad perspective in summarizing results.
- Verbal and written communication skills, presentation skills and the ability to influence others
- Ability to think strategically and holistically and to appreciate the systematic impact of various policies, issues and solutions
- Good at analyzing and resolving complex financial problems,
- Competent in the use of computers to enhance work performance,
- Self-motivated, diligent, and enthusiastic with a strong business orientation
- Ability to pay attention to details.
Application Closing Date
7th May, 2013
Method of Application
Interested qualified candidates should send their updated CVs to: [email protected] with the position you are applying for.