iBez – We provide software development and training services to organisations and individuals in emerging and underserved communities. Our aim is to grow businesses and solve everyday problems using software technologies, bridge the software development skills gaps and promote digital inclusion.
In addition, as we go about our daily lives, we frequently come across issues that can be solved using technology solutions, so we’ve built a couple of innovative and unique web-based platforms that connect consumers and skilled workers to essential services and new markets making life so much more easier for us. We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Application Support Consultant
- We currently seek a seriously awesome and talented person to join our busy and growing Application Support team. The Application Support Consultant will assist with maintaining and supporting our products (Handy-Jacks, www.handy-jacks.com and Lets-Share – www.lets-share.com.ng), project work, bug-fixing and maintenance of client applications.
- On a day to day basis, you will be tasked with helping clients with their issues, carry out backend administrative tasks to ensure that all our client facing applications are working to their optimum and participate in the development new applications.
The role will include the following, but not be limited to:
- Assisting with 1st and 2nd line technical support to iBez clients by talking them through a series of actions, either face-to-face, over the phone or via email, to resolve any issues. Also respond within agreed time limits to client requests,
- Troubleshooting, investigating and diagnosing user problems and complaints, application problems, solving software faults, and bug-fixing. Work continuously on a task until completion (or referral to superiors and third parties, if appropriate). Also Prioritise and manage multiple open cases at one time,
- Administrative and backend technical support tasks for maintenance of Handy-Jacks, Lets-Share and client applications,
- Updating content, carrying out upgrades and configuration of websites and applications,
- Preparing procedural and technical documentation on applications,
- Ensuring business continuity by keeping sites are secure, making recommendations for improving the company’s IT systems and carrying out routine maintenance and back-up of Handy-Jacks and Lets-Share, and all websites. Conducting daily checks on applications and websites to ensure that they are up and running,
- Participate in the development of new applications,
- Testing and evaluating new software solutions during development and prior to roll-out,
- Supporting the roll-out / deployment of new applications,
- Setting up new users’ accounts and profiles and deal with password issues,
- Contributing to the production of digital content for websites, marketing, and our social media accounts. Share and promote content on our social networks daily,
- Develop creative ideas and improvements to increase traffic, sales and customer experience on our online sites,
- Rapidly establish a good working relationship with teammates, customers, other professionals and partners,
- Participating in training events and marketing activities,
- Providing accurate reports on daily activities and technology trends
Personal Skills Required
- Ready, willing and able to work and learn.
- Tenacious, dogged and creative approach to work.
- Well presented.
- Good verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills.
- Knowledge of IT Software Development Lifecycle
- Organised with good attention to detail and time management skills
- Ability to meet targets and deliver on time
- Responsive and dependable
- A self-starter who can work with minimal supervision using own initiative, spot new issues and mitigate them quickly
- Ability to work as part of a small but varied team in a technology start-up
- Must own a laptop with internet connectivity
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Applications to: [email protected] using the “Job title” as subject of the email.
Application Deadline: 6th February, 2020.