Ibis Lagos Airport Hotel – “Some say you can’t put a price on comfort.” ibis hotels prove the contrary by offering their guests well-being at the best price. Fully-equipped rooms, innovative bedding and 24-hour reception services. Welcome to the world’s leading economy hotel brand.
Ibis is a brand of economy hotels focused on evolutive design with simple and flexible furniture and owned by Accor. Created in 1974, Ibis became Accor’s economy megabrand in 2011 with the launch of Ibis Styles and Ibis Budget. Ibis manages 1174 hotels in 67 countries (2018). We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Housekeeping Manager
- The Housekeeping Manager is responsible to oversee the day-to-day operation of the housekeeping department in order to maintain the standards of service and cleanliness
- As a Housekeeping Manager, you will show your leadership and interpersonal strengths to maximize the Rooms Operations, and ensure an exceptional guest journey.
What is in it for you:
- Employee benefit card offering discounted rates in Accor worldwide
- Learning programs through our Academies
- Opportunity to develop your talent and grow within your property and across the world!
- Ability to make a difference through our Corporate Social Responsibility activities, like Planet 21
- Attractive Salary: Our goal is to acknowledge our employees’ skills and performance, while at the same time respecting the principles of fairness and non-discrimination.
- Regular Support: Meeting in a calm setting, conducting an appraisal, and setting targets is a valuable process, both for managers and employees. Several meetings or discussions are held throughout the year to facilitate dialogue and motivate teams.
- Wellness for all: With operations over 63 countries, we strive to ensure the well-being, health, and safety of all our teams. Accor is extremely attentive to its employees and their loved ones.
What You Will be Doing:
- Lead and manage all aspects of the Rooms departments and ensure all service standards are followed with friendly and engaging service
- Handle guest concerns and react quickly, tracking and notifying proper areas to guarantee memorable moments for our guests
- Maximize rooms revenue through participating in yield management meetings and implementing supporting agreed upon Revenue Management strategies and practices
- Maintain all guest rooms, public areas and heart of the house areas; ensuring that the highest standard of cleanliness is met
- Manage the departmental budget in a fiscally responsible manner
- Monitor labour costs while ensuring effective scheduling and department productivity
Experience and Skills:
- Service focused personality is essential and previous leadership experience required
- Minimum of four (4) years work experience in similar role with a reputable hotel brand
- Prior experience working with Opera or a related system
- Proven ability to build and maintain good relationships with all stakeholders
- Communicate thoughts, actions and opportunities clearly with strong networking skills
- Ability to lead by example, believe in a strong team culture and set the scene for high performance
- Mathematical skills needed in order to appropriately mix cleaning agents according to the prescription of the manufacturer
- The ability to take the initiative and lead others.
Application Deadline: 30th July, 2021.
Inteested and qualified candidates should send their CV to: [email protected] using the Job Title as the subject of the email.