ICAP is a global health leader situated at Columbia University, ICAP has worked since 2003 with one central goal: to improve the health of families and communities. We are recruiting highly qualified candidates to fill the position below:
Job Title: Data Management Associate
Job No: 497132
Work type: Regular Full-Time
Reports to: QI/SI advisor
Categories: Strategic Information/Surveillance/Monitoring & Evaluation
Expected Start Date: April 2023
- The Data Management Associate will support the design and implementation of a strategic vision for electronic systems to analyze, report, visualize, and disseminate program data. S/he will work closely with the QI/SI advisor and project team to implement innovative data visualization tools tailored to project-specific needs.
- WorkinginclosecoordinationwiththeQI/SI advisor and other technical leads, assisting in the execution of a roadmap for new and/or existing applications or initiatives to support data management, analysis, visualization, and use.
- Assists in the creation and dissemination of analytic tools including user-friendly front-end interfaces, automated routinely generated reports, queries, and analytic datasets to the project team, the donor, ministries of health (MOH), andkey stakeholders.
- Supportseffortstodeveloprobust, user-friendly, high-quality interfaces for data visualization.
- Facilitates increased data use across the project for program monitoring and evaluation.
- Coordinates the preparation of regular and ad-hoc data products.
- Collaborates with and supports requests to examine data in key content areas.
- Facilitates analysis for program M&E using routinely collected service delivery data.
- Generatessummaryreportsforreportingand program M&E.
- Supports the developmentandimplementationanalysistrainingforICAPstaffandpartners.
- Proactively maintains knowledge of recent developments such as “big data” analytics applications and data visualization.
- Performs other related duties as required.
- Advanced Degree in Public Health, Demography, Geography, Statistics, Computer Science, Information Management, or related discipline.
Experience, Skills, and Qualifications:
- 1-2 years of experience managing and analyzing large databases and experience with advanced statistical analysis.
- Demonstrated experience working with SQL, HTML, Java Framework and tools, Microsoft Office Applications, PHP, and database-driven website development.
- Demonstrated experience withPowerBiorTableau.
- Experience in the design, implementation, and management of health monitoring and evaluation systems in low-resource settings.
- ExcellentEnglishverbal and written communication skills.
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
20th March, 2023 (W. Central Africa Standard Time).
- The position is contingent upon the availability of grant funding. Columbia University is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
- It does not discriminate against employees or applicants for employment on the basis of race, color, sex, gender, religion, creed, national and ethnic origin, age, citizenship, status as a perceived or actual victim of domestic violence, disability, marital status, sexual orientation, status as a Vietnam era or disabled veteran, or any other legally protected status.