ICS Outsourcing is Nigeria’s leading Outsourcing provider incorporated in August 1994. We offer a comprehensive range of outsourcing services ranging from People Outsourcing to Sales BPO.
We provide bespoke Business Support Solutions to all kinds and sizes of business. We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Software Support Officer
Job Location: Lagos
Department: Information Technology
Summary of Functions
- Manage and improve applications and systems software in line with IT industry best practices to ensure high levels of availability, security and compliance
- Participate in the planning and implementation of IT policies and procedures to ensure system provisioning and maintenance that is consistent with the Academy’s goals, industry best practices, and regulatory requirements.
- Responsible for the maintenance of a continual software service improvement program.
- Plan and coordinate the design, development, installation, and maintenance of custom software and off-the-shelf software to ensure that our client internal and external service delivery is optimal.
- Provide effective software support and training to end users and automate business processes to make them more efficient.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Delivering support and training to end users within our client’s office to help them use the various software programs and associated services effectively to fulfil the School’s objectives.
- Monitoring and correcting software defects and errors in a timely manner, in line with specified service levels.
- Accessing software updates, drivers, knowledge bases, and other resources on the Internet to aid in problem resolution.
- Maintaining a software support knowledgebase.
Strategy & Planning:
- Managing software licensing and liaising with vendors to resolve issues
- Establishing service level agreements with end users.
- Conducting research on emerging software products, services, and standards.
- Participating in and supporting capacity planning and the development of long-term strategic goals for systems and software in conjunction with end-users and department managers.
- Implementing and maintaining policies, procedures, and associated training plans for software development, performance testing, support and management.
Acquisition & Deployment:
- Conducting research, planning, recommending, acquiring and deploying software across the organization.
- Participating, monitoring and reporting on software evaluations and software implementation projects handled by third parties for our client.
- Analyzing and automating business processes with the use of software to make them more efficient.
- Monitoring and reporting on the efficiency and utilization levels of automated business processes, and implementing improvements where necessary.
- Analyzing the Organization’s Business Intelligence requirements and implementing appropriate solutions for Business Intelligence to help the School organize and interpret data more efficiently for business decisions.
- Monitoring and reporting on the performance of Business intelligence systems
- Monitoring and managing virtualized server environments
- Monitoring and managing databases
- Participating in Business Continuity / Disaster Recovery infrastructure planning, building, and testing.
- Designing, developing, maintaining and improving custom applications and websites.
- Performing research on software and technologies that will help our client become more efficient in internal and external service delivery, and developing solutions from such research.
- Installing, configuring and managing software applications as required on workstations, servers and other devices.
- Monitoring, analyzing and reporting on application performance, including downtime, and recommending solutions for improvement.
- Documenting and tracking software-related service level agreements
- Recommending, scheduling, and performing software improvements, upgrades, patches, reconfigurations, and/or purchases in line with IT industry best practices.
- Creating required reports in response to business user needs.
- Assess need for any system reconfigurations (minor or significant) based on request trends and make recommendations.
- Identify, recommend, develop, and implement software-related end user training programs to increase user proficiency and self-sufficiency.
- Performs other duties as required or as assigned.
Qualification & Certification
- University Degree in the field of Computer Science and/or 3+ years equivalent relevant work experience.
- Related IT Certifications (e.g. MSCE, Network+, CCNA, CCNP, ITIL. etc.).
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV to: [email protected]using the Job title as the subject of the mail.
Application Deadline: 10th July, 2019.
Note: Only qualified candidates will be contacted.