Idmibok International is a 360° systems diagnostic and correction company. We offer holistic, pragmatic, and robust systems appraisals, to intervening in a targeted yet comprehensive manner to address critical organizational, business and development related issues.
By collaborating with global and local development and private entities – such as governments, bilateral and multilateral donors, non-governmental organizations and the private sector, we draw on breadth and wealth of experience in diverse environments or ecosystems,globally and across Africa, including in South Sudan, and extensively in Nigeria.We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Senior IT & Data Analytics Officer
Location: Abuja (FCT)
Employment Type: Full-time
- The Senior IT & Data Analytics Officer is responsible for overseeing the daily operations of the department, which traverses the management of IT operations and all areas of data analytics.
- S/he will offer technical support to staff, ensuring timely resolution to technical issues with a focus on customer service.
- The ideal candidate will have a strong ability to synthesize valuable insights from raw data, and the communication skills to effectively disseminate information across the team and organization.
- Spearhead all IT and data analytics related projects for the organization;
- Oversee WAN connectivity and maintenance (Internet connection and services; Broadband, leased line, ADSL, ISDN or dial-up connection and devices configuration and maintenance);
- Ensure proper computer hardware and application installation, configuration, troubleshooting and maintenance (laptops, desktops, printers, mobile phones, Windows OS updates, approved 3rd party software updates, Microsoft Office suite) following 360HSDC’s established procedures;
- Web design, development and management;
- Support development of high-value or complex proposals or bids, including proposal writing and Design architecture;
- Interpret data, analyze results using statistical techniques and provide ongoing reports;
- Develop andimplementdatabases, data collection systems, data analytics and other strategies that optimize statistical efficiency and quality;
- Acquire data from primary or secondary data sources and maintain databases/data systems;
- Identify, analyze, and interpret trends or patterns in complex data sets;
- Filter and “clean” data by reviewing computer reports, printouts, and performance indicators to locate and correct code problems;
- Work with management to prioritize business and information needs;
- Locate and define new process improvement opportunities;
- Generating reports from single or multiple systems;
- Troubleshooting the reporting database environment and reports;
- Training end-users on new reports and dashboards;
- Providing technical expertise on data storage structures, data mining, and data cleansing;
- Advise and execute IT/MIS efforts, including developing and designing mobile apps, communication tools, designing proposal shell and any and all business and communication materials using adobe suite ;
- Ensure Software and antivirus updates are current for all staff;
- Review system logs and assess any errors; resolving or escalating if present;
- Remove unauthorized software as detected by monitoring tools;
- Prepare the report on monthly incidents and scheduled services performed;
- Document common technical support issues with resolution, proactively identifying recurring issue areas and implementing solutions;
- Manage incoming and outgoing of personnel as pertaining to IT, including local hardware procurement.
- Take ownership of the onboarding and separation processes in terms of IT;
- Automate the deployment, administration and operations of the infrastructure and analytic platforms;
- Build and maintain monitoring, log aggregation, and reporting on infrastructure performance, application performance, and user behaviour;
- Provide analytics tools and platforms subject matter expertise to staff/team;
- Manage other departmental staff;
- Other duties as assigned.
- A Bachelor’s degree or advanced degree in Computer Science / IT, Data Analytics, Data Science, Statistics, Mathematics or other related fields;
- At least 5 years of experience in an IT, BI, data science or analyst role in an organization;
- Knowledge of statistics, specifically experimental design, and study;
- Familiarity with database technologies and web hosting tools;
- Familiarity with common web and social tools (e.g. Google Analytics, social platform analytics);
- Knowledge of statistics and experience using statistical packages for analyzing datasets (Excel, SPSS, SAS etc);
- Strong experience using Power BI;
- Experience with data analysis tools, workflows, and building dashboards using tools like Tableau;
- Proficiency in using Python and/or R to perform data analysis;
- Strong NumPy/PANDAS skills;
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills;
- Demonstrated ability to multi-task, prioritize, self-start, contribute under pressure and meet tight deadlines
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV and Application Letter to: [email protected] with the subject as “Senior IT & Data Analytics Officer”
Application Deadline: 15th February, 2021.