IGPES Group is an indigenous company that has successfully positioned itself in the Nigerian Oil & Gas marketplace as an established Oil and Gas service provider in the areas of Operations & Maintenance, Project Management, Engineering & Procurement, Installation, Construction and Commissioning of Oil and Gas facilities. IGPES Group is one of the most diversified business conglomerates in Oil & Gas Industry, with a reputation for excellent business practices and strong ethical conduct. We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Senior Structural Design Engineer
Location: Port Harcourt, Rivers
Employment Type: Full-time
- Perform technical tasks assigned by the Project Structural Lead such as structural analyses, calculations, design, verification, or study activities
- Interface with other Project Specialists and Designers
- Co-ordinate and review technical activities performed inside or outside.
- The Engineer executes the activities within the area of responsibility, ensuring the compliance with the QA/QC and HSE
- Review Client technical documentation and requirements
- Contribute in defining structural design premises
- Contribute to the writing of the Project Structural Design Brief (roadmap of all the structural design and analyses work on the project)
- Liaise with other Project Specialists and Designers whenever required for a proper completion of the work assigned
- Design structural systems and components, pursuing objectives of sound engineering and design optimization in term of costs, fabrication simplicity, constructability, and safety
- Carry out/Check/Supervise structural analyses
- Supervise/Approve steel structures design drawings
- Supervise setting up of bill of quantities or material take off (MTO)
- Prepare, when required, specifications for structural fabrications and all related items such as bearing systems, bolts, cladding, grating, etc.
- Verify structural strength or dynamic behavior of items designed by others (piping support Specialists, Vendors, technical building Suppliers, etc.)
- Apply the Quality Control Procedure of the Offshore Structural Department during the work assigned
- Perform field engineering activities
- Write design reports and calculation notes.
- Candidates should possess a Bachelor’s Degree qualification with 6 – 13 years work experience.
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org using the Job Title as the subject of the email.
10th December, 2022.