IHS Towers is the largest independent mobile telecommunications infrastructure provider in Europe, Africa and the Middle East. Founded in 2001, IHS provides services across the full tower value chain – colocation on owned towers, deployment and managed services.
Today IHS Towers has operations in Nigeria, Cameroon, Côte d’Ivoire, Zambia and Rwanda. Following the recent acquisitions of MTN and Etisalat’s tower portfolios in Nigeria, IHS owns over 23,300 towers in Africa.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Senior Analyst, Tax
Reports To: Manager, Tax & Regulatory
- Provide tactical and operational support to the tax and regulatory team to ensure efficiency in tax compliance, reduction in tax cost, tax reporting, and tax advisory
- Provide up to date support to the business on how to mitigate the Company’s tax exposure
- Provide timely tax advice and internal tax consulting services to all business units on tax implications of transactions
- Coordinate and manage statutory tax audits, tax investigations and due diligence exercise.
- Prepare month-end reports with respect to tax and related regulatory matters
- Maintain ownership for tax accounting general ledgers and preparation of reconciliation schedules.
- Review general ledger transactions with the aim of identifying transactions prone to tax leakages and trigger remedial action before such exposure crystallizes.
- Prepare draft periodic corporate income tax for internal management reporting.
- Coordinate remittances of monthly VAT, WHT and PAYE and filling of the tax returns as at statutory timeline.
- Support completion of annual tax returns and filling to all the relevant tax authorities.
- Provide timely tax advice and internal tax consulting services to business units on tax implications of transactions.
- Coordinate and provide support to tax officials during tax audit exercise, starting from field work to the conclusion of the tax audit exercise.
- Coordinate and manage statutory tax audits, tax investigation and due diligence exercise.
- Proffer strategies to curb tax leakages and ensure optimal services delivery to Vendors and Customers.
- Provide up to date support to the Line Manager on how to mitigate the Company’s tax exposure.
- Coordinate transfer pricing preparations and documentations.
- Coordinate statutory reporting, Country by Country (C by C) and allied reporting.
- Manage tax documents and tax correspondences thereon in a timely and efficient manner.
- Coordinate processing of employees’ income tax clearance certificates
- Carry out research to identify amendment to tax laws and regulatory provision with the aim to identify and advise on how the changes in the law or publication can impact the business.
- Support Line Manager in the management of tax & regulatory risk register.
- Provide support in driving simplicity of process, reduction in tax cost and tax efficiency.
Education & Experience
- Relevant Degree or its equivalent in Finance/Accounting/ Business.
- Membership of ICAN and (or) CITN (Qualified by examinations.
- 3-5 years of continuous tax related working experience
Application Closing Date
20th April, 2018.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV’s and Cover Letter to: [email protected] indicating in the subject the Name of the role.