Institute of Human Virology (IHV Nigeria) is a leading provider of treatment, care and support for people living with HIV/AIDS with headquarters in Abuja and Regional offices in Benin, Jos, Kano and Federal Capital Territory. We require a competent and result-oriented candidate to fill the position below.
Senior Progam Officer (Tuberculosis)
Medical degree – MD, MBBS, BMChB or its equivalents with a Fellowship of the National/West African Postgraduate in Infectious Diseases/Physician; An MPH will be an advantage .At least 5 years in TB Clinical practice and at least 3 years working experience in a HIV and/or Malaria Programme.
Key Areas Of Responsibility
- Develop and conduct trainings in TB/HIV programmatic and clinical standards of care.
- Develop TB/HIV programmatic and clinical care guidelines, SOPs, Workaids to support provision of quality service.
- Monitoring and Evaluation of program indicators, analysis of available data on key components of TB and HIV programmes at all ACTION supported sites.
- Planning and management of all TB/HIV activities in line with COP targets and guidelines.
- Analyze and set targets for site based data on programme targets and quality of care and work with other programme officers in the TB/HIV working group and other thematic areas to map out strategies to achieve set programme objectives and cover gaps identified.
- Supportive clinical and programmatic supervision across ACTION supported sites.
- Representation at IP/NTBLCP/USG and National TB/HIV working groups, partner coordination and advocacy at various levels.
- Budgeting and financing – In collaboration with other members of the Medical Department, prepare budget and supervise the annual, quarterly and monthly activity plan on implementation of TB/HIV collaborative activities.
- Monthly reports on programme implementation as well as other activities outlined in the work plan and performance framework
Method of Application
Application letter and detailed curriculum vitae in Microsoft word format should be forwarded to the Senior Human Resources Officer, within two weeks of this publication, through this email address:[email protected]
Offer valid till 10th June 2010