Institute of Human Virology (IHV Nigeria) is a leading provider of treatment, care and support for people living with HIV/AIDS with headquarters in Abuja and Regional offices in Benin, Jos, Kano and Federal Capital Territory. We require a competent and result-oriented candidate to fill the position below.
Senior Program Officer (Pharmaceutical Supply Management)
Bachelor’s degree in Pharmacy. Post graduate training in Public Health and/or Management would be an added advantage. Experience in pharmaceutical supply management of at least 3 years in a reputable and sizeable institution. Good analytical and quantitative skills; attention to details. Computer literate: MS Office Word, Excel, Outlook and database.
Key Areas Of Responsibility
- Provide procurement and supply chain management leadership.
- Coordinate training on forecasting drug needs, procurement, tracking inventory, and monitoring pharmaceuticals locally.
- Provide guidance to ensure that procurement of ARVs & drugs for opportunistic infections and overall pharmaceutical management procedures follow respective Ministry of Health guidelines for drug management protocols and are compliant with all regulatory requirements.
- Ensure that logistical management systems are adapted to existing National Infrastructure.
- Collect, synthesize and transmit data & information related to ARVs and other drugs utilization at the facility as an input into forecasting future needs.
- Work to develop, strengthen and integrate ARVs procurement and supply system with facility overall pharmaceutical management systems.
- Write monthly reports of activities and status updates of ARV and OI stocks levels, deliveries, utilization, corrections, emergency activities (loans, orders, exchanges).
- Maintain documentation of all works and decision making processes of IHVN Procurement and Pharmaceutical Management.
- Representation and Communication with internal and external partners
Method of Application
Application letter and detailed curriculum vitae in Microsoft word format should be forwarded to the Senior Human Resources Officer, within two weeks of this publication, through this email address:[email protected]
Expires on 10 June 2010