Institute of Human Virology (IHV Nigeria) is a leading provider of treatment, care and support for people living with HIV/AIDS with headquarters in Abuja and Regional offices in Benin, Jos, Kano and Federal Capital Territory. We require a competent and result-oriented candidate to fill the position below.
Senior Program Officer (Medical)
Medical degree – MD, MBBS, BMChB or its equivalents with a Fellowship of the National/West African Postgraduate in Infectious Diseases/Physician. An MPH will be an advantage .At least 5 years in Clinical practice and at least 3 years working experience in a HIV and TB or Malaria Programme.
Key Areas Of Responsibility
- Planning and management of all Medical activities in line with COP targets and guidelines.
- Analyze and set targets for site based data on programme targets and quality of care and work with other programme officers and thematic areas to map out strategies to achieve set programme objectives and cover gaps identified.
- Assist in the development of program strategies, work plans and their implementation.
- Maintain current knowledge of HIV/AIDS standards and treatment development; conduct literature reviews for the development of tools or the provision of training curricula.
- Identify training needs for continuous medical education both at the Program office, Regional Office and at the Program sites.
- Provide training, supportive clinical and programmatic supervision across ACTION supported sites
- Budgeting and financing – In collaboration with other members of the Medical Department, prepare budget and supervise the annual, quarterly and monthly activity plan on program implementation.
- Representation and Communication with internal and external partners.
- Monthly reports on programme implementation as well as other activities outlined in the work plan and performance framework
Method of Application
Application letter and detailed curriculum vitae in Microsoft word format should be forwarded to the Senior Human Resources Officer, within two weeks of this publication, through this email address:[email protected]
Offer valid till 10th June 2010