Posted on :
6 Feb, 2010
6 Feb, 2010
International Institute of Tropical Agriculture (IITA) seeks suitable candidates for the following positions at the Institute’s Headquarters in Ibadan.
TEACHER (2-year renewable contract)
Successful candidate will:
* Be responsible for the education and welfare of the Grade I pupils;
* Plan and prepare courses and lessons following the programmes already in place
* Assess, record and report on the progress of the pupils;
* Maintain a well-ordered teaching area;
* Be responsible for and participate in two afternoon clubs;
* Operate the class timetable as agreed with the Head;
* Any other duties as may be assigned by the Head.
Job Qualification and Work Experience:
B.Ed. or first degree plus PGDE.
Candidate must be child centre4d and experienced in enquiry-based teaching approach.
Possession of teaching skills in French, German or any other language plus musical skills is added advantage
We offer highly competitive salary with equally attractive fringe benefits and excellent working conditions in a pleasant campus environment.
METHOD OF APPLICATION:
Interested qualified national applicants should forward their applications with a detailed curriculum vitae, the names and addresses of three professional referees (including telephone, fax and e-mail addresses, if available) and scanned copies of credentials not later than 16th February 2010.
International Institute of Tropical Agriculture
Oyo Road, Ibadan
Please note that application letters not accompanied with evidence of current remuneration and age will not be treated. Only short listed candidates will be contacted.