Imisi Partners is an Africa focused business development company (BDC) with offices in Istanbul and Lagos. Our firm is essentially a hybrid between a traditional investment company and an operating company.
We make investments in private, or in some cases public companies, typically with lower trading volumes, with an investment objective of providing for the possibility of capital appreciation and current income. We hope our stakes in the businesses will increase in value as the business grows. We also loan money to small enterprises and offer consulting for a fee. Our firm is essentially a hybrid between a traditional investment company and an operating company. We represent a transparent portfolio of loans, similar in some sense to private equity or venture capital.
Job Title: Journalist
We are looking for an enthusiastic Journalist to contribute to the publication of timely and accurate news. The successful candidate should be a skilled writer with a passion for the job and capable of both informing and entertaining the audience.
Journalists writes and assemble together new stories that will interest the audience by gathering together a number of different sources and ensuring that all the arguments are represented.
- Excellent oral or written skills
- Interpersonal skills
- Proven working experience as a journalist or reporter
- Portfolio of published articles or newscasts
- Ability to follow strict deadlines and fast-check information
- Current knowledge of headlines
- Computer proficiency (MS Office, digital editing, web search, databases)
- Excellent communication and networking skills along with an aptitude in extracting information
- Good observation and deduction skills
- Integrity and morality
- BSc degree in journalism or any relevant field with 2- 5 years of experience in a similar field
Job Title: Script Writer
The script writer is responsible for creating every aspect of a script, including the dialogue, characters and plot by creating ideas and bringing stories to life. As a Script writer, you need to develop original ideas or adapt to an existing piece through editing and polishing scripts or pitching new story ideas.
Scriptwriter Duties/ Functions/ Responsibilities
- Getting feedback about the first draft of your work from producers or script editors
- Researching background material
- Laying out the screenplay to an agreed format
- Coming up with themes and ideas
- Preparing short summaries of your ideas and selling (known as ‘pitching’) them to Producers or development executives
- Rewriting the script if necessary (you may need to do this several times before arriving at the final agreed version).
- Developing believable plots and characters
- passionate about writing and widely read
A degree in English, Journalism or a related field is required with 2 -5 years of experience in a similar field.
Skills and Personal Qualities
A script writer must have:
- Creativity and an ‘original voice’
- An excellent command of written English, and literary skills and devices
- Motivation and self-discipline to work without supervision
- The ability to work to tight deadlines
- Knowledge of the literary marketplace, and of the audience they aim to reach
- IT and typing skills
Job Title: Content/Media Producer
Imisi Partners is seeking a Media Producer to help develop a range of video projects from concept to execution. The ideal candidate has an eye for a good story with hands on experience producing videos, including budgeting, research, storyboarding, shooting, scripting and editing. This position requires an individual with strategic thinking who is nimble, organized and can work collaboratively with a small team, as well as internal and external partners. The Media Producer will be the process expert that will keep the team efficient and organized from pitching projects to publishing them.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Develop realistic production and post production schedules, track progress, maintain project calendars and enforce hard deadlines
- Creating and adhering to comprehensive budgets, managing, tracking and reporting on all related costs
- Provide creative solutions for a variety of different setbacks and work comfortably in a fast-paced environment
- Juggle multiple projects at a time, initiating and overseeing crews throughout the production and post-production process, and creating and maintaining communication between all parties
- Support the vision of the company through video production while demonstrating exceptional creativity
- Serve as a subject matter expert on video related tasks and projects
- Be responsible for producing, and shooting, live multi-camera studio and field video productions for a variety of distribution platforms such as broadcast, online, and executive presentations as needed
- Be involved at every stage of the production from the development of ideas, pre-production planning, production, post-production and distribution
- Leading and managing a production crew
- Full post production services from editing to motion graphic design
- Be able to provide still photography at events and as needed
- Work with internal teams, such as the instructional design team or the marketing team, to capture their visions for video needs for their projects
- Bachelor’s Degree in video production, communications, cinema-television, or related field
- 4-5 years of experience in the related fields of video production, communications, cinema-television.
- Strong organizational and time management skills with ability to manage multiple ongoing projects.
- Strong technical background in production: lighting, cinematography, audio mixing, working with talent, etc.
- Strengths in editing using NLEs such as Adobe Premiere and Avid Media Composer
- Proficiency with Adobe after Effects, Photoshop and Illustrator
- Experience in managing projects and launching digital training i.e., apps, webinars, custom platforms
- Proficiency in MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Project
- High level of attention to detail, collaboration and influencing skills
- Demonstrated aptitude to work collaboratively with others from diverse backgrounds, cultures, and viewpoints
How to Apply
Applicants should send CVs to [email protected]