Infinion Technologies is a Microsoft certified partner, we offer custom solutions to Enterprise businesses for business automation using the latest and sophisticated technologies. We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Geographic Information Systems (GIS) Analyst
Employment Type: Full-time
- Geographic information systems (GIS) analysts manage and leverage GIS resources to create maps and graphic reports. They collect and handle data, provide mapping services, perform technical research and analysis, and coordinate activities.
- GIS analysts are both subject matter experts and cross-functional leaders.
- Analyzing spatial datausingmapping software.
- Discovering patterns and trends through spatial mapping of data.
- Designing digital maps with geographic data and other data sources.
- Creating “shapefiles” to merge topographical data with external data by layering external data over a topographical map.
- Producing maps showing the spatial distribution of various kinds of data, including crime statistics and hospital locations.
- Developing mapping applications and tools.
- Converting physical maps into a digital form for computer usage.
- Performing data munging and cleaning to convert data into its desired form.
- Produce reports on geographic data utilizing data visualizations.
- Managing a digital library of geographic maps in various file types.
- Utilizes ArcGIS Desktop, ArcGIS Pro, or ArcGIS Online in data visualization.
- Degree in Computer Science, Geography, Surveying, Engineering or related field.
- A minimum of 2 years work experience.
- Proficiency with database programming languages such as SQL, R or Python.
- Experience with mapping tools such as QGIS and Carto.
- Experience with GPS measuring tools.
- Outstanding quantitative skill set.
- Attention to detail and good problem-solving skills.
- Analytical mindset.
- Excellent written and verbal communication.
- Good interpersonal skills.
- Thrive in an intense, do-it-yourself, start-up environment
- Ability to work well within a cross-functional team environment and diverse communities.
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV to: [email protected] using the Job Title as the subject of the email.
Application Deadline: 19th December, 2021.