Initiative for Education & Development (IDEE) is a Non-Governmental Organization implementing social development programmes to support poverty reduction, sustainable livelihoods and human capacity development with project offices in Abuja, Abeokuta & Damaturu.
Initiative for Education & Development (IDEE) – Financial Inclusion and Empowerment (IDEE – FINER) programme seeks to promote, restore and maximize the comfort of small-scale businesses, functioning in communities through increasing access of women to affordable loans and also enlightening them through strategic capacity building programs. This programme works with groups and group leaders to mobilize communities in the catchment area to accept and make use of micro-credit services that will lead to identifying community members need and support.
We are recruiting to fill the vacant position below:
Job Title: Intern – Communication and Social Media
Reporting to: Programme Manager, IDEE
Supervisor: Programme Manager
- The potential candidate will assist in maintaining the IDEE’s facebook, twitter page, an archive of digital images, videos, and other content.
- The Communication and Social Media volunteer will play an active role the development of IDEE online community.
- Under the supervision of the Programme Manager, the intern will maintain the IDEE’s presence on various social media platforms and help create and publish content that is relevant to our customer base.
- He/she will regularly analyse and report on the activity on social media networks as well as the IDEE website.
- The intern will learn how to reach communities, and promote events or programs through the internet and gain experience in social media platforms and the tools used to assess their performance.
- Grows IDEE online social networks by increasing fan-base and interactions.
- Maintains current information in Google+, LinkedIn, and Yelp accounts.
- Completes other social media projects as assigned.
- Uploads IDEE photos and videos to the appropriate server or DropBox account.
- Organizes digital images according to purpose (print or web) and designated program categories.
- Completes other digital media projects as assigned Research
- Regularly observes the online activity of model organizations researches and reports on “social media best practices”.
- Completes other research projects as assigned. Analytics and Reporting
- Uses Google Analytics to assess trends and activity on the IDEE website.
- Updates Facebook, Twitter, and LinkedIn accounts.
- Responds to posts or comments to bring value to user’s interactions with IDEE.
- Post news and announcements in a timely manner using appropriate content. Post and interacts with local or relevant organizations and interest groups.
- Performs research to find articles, stories, resources, or other content that is relevant to our customer base and posts it to our social networks in a manner that invites conversation and interaction.
- Updates social media accounts with current and relevant photos, video, or other content from IDEE activities and events.
- Uses Facebook Insights to assess trends and activity on the HCD Facebook page.
- Under the supervision of the PM, reviews data on the performance of social media platforms and adjusts plans or strategies to optimize reach.
Qualifications and Requirements
- This internship is open to current SSCE graduates, NYSC member, recent graduates, and college students.
- This is a part-time/Full-time unpaid internship.
- A computer station is available to use for completing internship projects and tasks.
- Candidates should maintain a positive attitude under pressure, exhibit a strong work ethic, and enjoy working with a wide range of personalities.
- This internship will benefit someone who is interested in making a career in the social development or NGO sector, education and youth development
Behaviour Competencies and IT skills:
- Good planning and leadership qualities
- Ability to take initiative and work in collaboration.
- Good written and verbal communication skills in English language and a Nigerian language.
- Good understanding and knowledge of Microsoft applications, graphics, Photoshop, In Design, basic photo-editing software, and internet browsers.
- Good knowledge of developing posters, stickers and IEC materials.
- Good knowledge of social media platforms – Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, and Google+.
- Knowledge of development communication, theatre arts and drama.
- Available to work 10-20 hours per week.
Application Closing Date
16th March, 2018.
17th March, 2018.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates with experiences and skills that fits this role, please send a one-page cover letter and CV’s Address it to the “Programme Manager Initiative for Education & Development (IDEE)”, Tudun-wada, Lugbe, via [email protected] quoting in the subject line the above vacancy title of the position.
- Indicate the Job title and location as the subject of the mail.
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted
- IDEE is an equal opportunities organization, women and other marginalized groups are particularly encouraged to apply.