Insight Consult – We are committed to helping SMEs succeed in a challenging and tasking environment by providing them with the support they need to survive and grow.
Our business strategy is ‘friendly interaction’ and ‘convenience’ because as challenging as doing business in Nigeria is, it is even more challenging for the small business owner who has difficulty finding the resources they need to succeed. We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Entrepreneurial Business Development Officer
Job Location: Lagos
Reports To: Chief Executive Officer
- The Entrepreneurial Business Development Officer is responsible for the overall development of education, awareness, incubation programs and projects consistent with the goals of the organization.
- The EBDO provides training, business advisory, mentorship and development services and collaborate with key stakeholders to develop research-based strategies for growing the company and develop a supportive and stimulating environment for the entrepreneur
- The EBDO will also provide expertise and advice to the Chief Executive Officer, the Senior Management group and other Managers on entrepreneurial development to improve the overall functioning and financial stability of the Company.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Develops proposals and presents opportunities to potential users of the companys’ products which further the strategic objectives.
- Develop and maintain throughout the organization a culture that encourages and supports entrepreneurial development to achieve quantitative and qualitative targets
- Develop document and implement policies and procedures for entrepreneurial development
- Work collaboratively with the Marketing/Branding Department and the Operations Department to conduct trade fairs, symposiums and other events that promote the purpose of the organization.
- Leads and mentors the Division’s personnel to create a cadre of skilled business development professionals.
- Develop programs and opportunities in conjunction with relevant stakeholders which feature the company as the premier provider of SME solutions in the country and which supports entrepreneurial development through its life cycle: incubation, training, business, advisory, mentorship and financing.
- Develop programs that expand the capacity and build the capability of local entrepreneurship in the industry.
- Implement relevant programs and projects to support entrepreneurial development.
- Promote and increase entrepreneurial development on a national level through awareness programs, surveys, seminars, community outreach, workshops and market research
- Support market and advises on all entrepreneurial financial products and services available from the Company to the entrepreneurial community, including evaluation of borrowers and financial capabilities
- Manage the preparation and reporting on entrepreneurial development programs
- Implement and report on the effectiveness of the company’s entrepreneurial development programs.
Training & Advisory:
- Contribute to the development of risk profiles for all types of entrepreneurial development Performance Management
- Maintain systems of performance management based on targets, benchmarks and standards of ethics and personal conduct with regular oversight, monitoring and evaluation
- Research, develop and produce an annual calendar of training and development activities for existing and potential entrepreneurs.
- Maintain a database of relevant information and provide advice and guidance to existing and potential entrepreneurs on areas such as business plan development, accounting/finance and marketing.
- Develop a supportive and stimulating environment for the entrepreneur by providing mentorship and advisory services.
- Conduct appropriate events and programs such as conferences, symposiums and other networking sessions to grow the awareness of the services offered. Risk Management
Qualifications & Experience
- University/Polytechnic Degree in Business, Accounting, Economics or related field. Other degree holders with keen interest in entrepreneurship and proven business acumen can also apply.
- A Master’s Degree in Business Administration, Finance, Economics or related field will be an asset
- Demonstrated experience in small business development will be an asset.
- Strategic Planning
- Good communications and influencing skills
- Project Management
- Relationship Management
- Entrepreneurial Development
- Risk Management & Assessment
- Corporate Financial Management
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Application Letter and CV to: [email protected] using the “Job Title” as the subject of the mail.
Application Deadline: 30th September, 2019.
Note: This job is strictly for Lagos Resident.