InterContinental Hotels is located on Victoria Island, in the centre of Lagos home to the majority of foreign embassies and multinational companies, making it the perfect residence for affluent business and diplomatic travellers. Built on an elevated terrain overlooking Lagos’s port and the city below, the 19 storey hotel offers uninterrupted, spectacular views of Lagos Skyline. InterContinental Lagos comprises of 352 well-appointed, elegantly decorated rooms and suites as well as a Club InterContinental floor.
What is your passion? Whether you’re into tennis, baking or karaoke, at IHG we’re interested in YOU.
We employ people who apply the same amount of care and passion to their jobs as they do their hobbies – people who put our guests at the heart of everything they do. And we’re looking for more people like this to join our progressive & committed opening team at the InterContinental Lagos.
We are currently recruiting for the position below:
Job Title: Executive Chef
Job Number: LAG000307
Location: Victoria Island, Lagos
As the Executive Chef, you’ll be responsible for the following:
- Smooth running of the Kitchen and will manage areas of Profit, Stock, Wastage Control, Hygiene practices and Training within the kitchen.
- He/she will actively guide and direct the work of chefs, cooks and other kitchen employees to ensure consistency of brand standards, service behavior and a high level of performance and presentation.
- Managing and motivating your team.
- You will be required to ensure that all staff within your department are adequately trained and developed in line with company policy.
- Participating in the preparation of the Hotel’s annual budget and monitoring actual financial results; take corrective action as necessary to help assure that financial goals are met.
- Assisting Sales, Catering and Banquet Staff with banquets
- Assisting the Food and Beverage Director with menu planning, food and beverage coordination, table arrangements, decoration options, etc.
- Maintain updated and accurate costing and documentation of all dishes prepared and sold in the food and beverage department
- Recruitment and Selection of your team and for managing any Employee Relations issues with the support of the Human Resources Department. You will actively guide and direct the whole team to ensure consistency of brand standards and a high level of performance and service delivery.
- Attends food and beverage staff and management meetings
Qualifications and Skills
- Have completed a Degree, Diploma or equivalent from an accredited culinary or hospitality school
- Ability to analyse, forecast data, and make judgments to ensure proper payroll and production control.
- Excellent planning and organizing skills, along with strong interpersonal communication skills in English
- Committed to delivering a high level of customer service
- Passionate, creative and hands on.
- Strong leadership capabilities
- Minimum of 8 years’ experience in similar positions preferably in a 5 star Hotel with at least 3 years in managerial capacity
- Thorough knowledge of food products, standard recipes and proper preparation.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
Application Deadline: 26th July, 2017.