International Business Machines Corporation (IBM) is a global technology and innovation company headquartered in Armonk, NY. It is the largest technology and consulting employer in the world, with more than 400,000 employees serving clients in 170 countries.
IBM offers a wide range of technology and consulting services; a broad portfolio of middleware for collaboration, predictive analytics, software development and systems management; and the world’s most advanced servers and supercomputers. We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Client Technical Specialist
Req ID: 299200BR
Contract Type: Regular
Position Type: Professional
Employment Type: Full-Time
- Client Technical Specialists (CTP) are the technical experts and advisors to clients, IBM sales teams and/or IBM Business Partners.
- As a CTP you understand the client’s business requirements, technical requirements and/or competitive landscape.
- You apply your business insights, build and maintain client relationships, incorporate hardware, software and services into client-valued solutions and ensure client readiness for the implementation of technical solutions. This is an opportunity to shape the future for both IBM and its clients. Start your journey now!
Your Role and Responsibilities
- The IBM Security Client Technical Specialist position is an integral part of the sales organization and work closely with the Sales team through the PreSales cycle.
- The role requires carrying out solution technical presentations, demonstrations, delivering Proof-of-Concepts and ensure client readiness for the implementation of proposed security solutions.
- The role also expects Business Partner technical enablement are delivered for security intelligence, data monitoring and protection. Business Partner technical enablement are a channel to build Business Partner ecosystem, to keep them up to date with new security capabilities incorporated within our products and solutions.
- In this role, you will be a solution subject matter expert – analyzing customer situations and requirements and designing high quality security solutions, which are tailored to the client’s business and technical needs in a way that is valued by the customer and superior to the competition. It is essential that you are to apply in-depth understanding of best practices, key concepts, products, offerings and services within the IBM Security portfolio and utilize knowledge and experience about technology, industry and business.
- Technical Accelerators that includes solution presentation, demonstrations, Proof of Technology & Proof of Concepts for IBM Security products.
- Engaging deployment team to review key deployment milestones such as architecture & design, installation & production setup
- Acts as IBM Security subject-matter technical expert to validate how a proposed solution meets and exceeds customer requirements.
- Build confidence with clients to become their trusted advisor for security.
- Supports sales team on prospect conference calls, WebEx and onsite visits by providing product demonstrations; expertly responds to technical questions and explains features in the context of solving customer’s business problems using IBM Security Solutions.
- Leads technical response to client’s Request for Proposals (RFP) and Request for Information (RFI) with the ability to articulate through writing clearly high- quality responses that describes the solution and how it meets the customers’ functional and non-functional requirements.
- Proactively scope the technical solution required to address customer requirements, assess customers met and unmet needs, and recommend solutions that optimize value. Opportunistically pursue additional business development opportunities with the customer with Opportunity Identification.
- Monitor customer support for technical solutions proposed throughout the sales process, intervening or alerting the sales and account teams to potential risks.
- Effectively communicate within the IBM Security Systems Division providing feedback from the field in support of business opportunities that can grow our security solution.
- Help deliver Business Partner technical enablement as the channel to continually build & maintain their skills.
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- Holds a University Degree preferably with a Master of Science Degree
- CISSP or equivalent technical certification
- Fluency in spoken and written English.
- Ability to engage with multiple customers and transform their requirements to security solution design.
- Ideal candidate will have 3 or more years of Technical consulting/Technical sales/Technical Architecture experience in IT security encompassing On- Premise and SaaS solutions.
- At least 5 years’ experience working in cybersecurity field implementing IT security solutions.
- A board range hands-on experience on security products demonstrated in the field.
- Experience in engaging with clients to help design threat management and data security solutions.
- Flexible to change and time-manage between multiple customer projects.
Preferred Technical and Professional Expertise:
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
Application Deadline: Not Specified