International Business Machines (IBM)
is an American multinational technology and consulting firm headquartered in Armonk, New York. IBM manufactures and sells computer hardware and software, and it offers infrastructure, hosting and consulting services in areas ranging from mainframe computers to nanotechnology. As of September 2011, IBM is the second-largest publicly traded technology company in the world by market capitalization.
IBM Nigeria is recruiting for Tivoli Sales
Job Title: Tivoli Sales
Job ID: S_D-0411252
Job type: Full-time Regular
Job area: Sales
- Listen and understand our customers Service Management challenges and pains.
- Assume a consulting and integration role, guiding customers to the appropriate Service Management solution, and work with the extended technical and services teams to ensure successful solution deployment.
- Use Consulting and Architectural skills for development of Tivoli Solutions across all products and platforms.
- Focus on developing and driving large Tivoli opportunities to deal closure, maximising revenue.
- Support and lead pipeline generation activities.
- Lead and own the overall technical sales process for multi-pillar or complex multi-product opportunities, delivering the highest levels of customer satisfaction.
- Evangelise the IBM Tivoli Software strategy, articulating how IBM’s Tivoli individual products integrate into the client’s environment.
- Use technical and business acumen to win and maintain influential relationships with key client, business partner and IBM decision makers.
- Provide thought leadership through knowledge of technology, architecture, and trends in the Tivoli solution domain related to our clients’ industries.
- Lead and participate in customer presentations, demonstrations, Proof Of Technologies and Proofs of Concepts.
- Lead the active adoption of Team Solution Design (TSD), risk assessment (TDA/ERA) and Proof of Concept best practices.
- Contribute to technical assessments, solution building and business proposals.
- Present/demonstrate at seminars and trade shows.
- Work in a team alongside SWG Sales, SWG IT Specialists, Software IT Architects (SWITAs) and the wider IBM organisation, as an active participant.
- Demonstrate regular and consistent giveback, both inside and outside of the core role.
Candidates will be expected to provide in-depth technical pre-sales support and be able to position Tivoli solutions in the wider context of an overall IBM solution. The following experience is desirable:
- Experience of working in a pre-sales environment.
- Mainframe and/or distributed technical experience.
- Strong Tivoli and IBM Service Management technical skills.
- Experience of architecting and integrating multiple system management products into a single solution.
- Experience of deployment of Tivoli solutions.
- Demonstration of leadership and innovation within product areas (e.g. contribution to brand / product development / marketing).
- Knowledge of Tivoli competitive solutions.
- Understanding of key Tivoli and IBM strategy plays.
- ITIL certification.
- Tivoli solutions : Applied
- Consulting and Architectural skills : Applied
- Develop Solution from Requirements : Applied
- Advise Technical Solution Sale : Applied
- Develop Solutions Utilizing Architectures : Applied
- Perform Technical Team Leadership : Applied
- Design Systems Management Strategy : Applied
- Lead Systems Management Function Improvement : Applied
High School Diploma/GED
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.