The International Committee of the Red Cross (ICRC) is an impartial, neutral and independent organisation whose exclusively humanitarian mission is to protect the lives and dignity of victims of armed conflict and other situations of violence and to provide them with assistance.
ICRC is recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Administrative Clerk/Cashier
- Executes all financial and administrative duties as assigned by the Finance and Administration Manager.
- Collates staff leave and overtime compensation requests and transmits them in a timely manner to the HR
- Service Provider in Yola SD
- Keeps up to date about HR policies and procedures and disseminates them to colleagues
- Supervises domestic staff including: organization and execution of tasks, organization of replacement when absent.
- Anticipates cash needs of the office and plans payments and request transfers accordingly
- Ensures that financial supporting documents are produced according to ICRC financial rules (translation, supplier information and stamp, logistic support documents, approvals / signatures etc.)
- Prepares and sends accounting documents for monthly closing to the Admin Assistant
- Ensures regular payments related to administration activities ex: electricity, water, office bills e.t.c
Minimum Required Knowledge Experience
- Secondary education and Certificate in Business Administration or Secretarial Studies
- 1 years’ work experience in a similar position
- Knowledge of socio and economic environment of Northern Nigeria
- Good level of computer literacy and very good computer skills especially Office software
- Good command of written and spoken English
- Resourceful, motivated, has initiative and is organized
- Conscientious and methodical approach to tasks
Job Title: Health Care in Danger (HCiD) Assistant
- Supports the delegation and the various structures in the field in defining and implementing in a coherent
- manner HCiD action through a Delegation-approved strategy.
- Supports all the sites, in cooperation with Protection, Assistance (Health & Mental Health and Psychosocial Support (MHPSS)), Prevention and Cooperation department, in the initiation, development and implementation of local and contextualized projects on HCiD.
- Through bilateral meetings and roundtable engagements, he/she progressively mobilizes the humanitarian stakeholders and the relevant national authorities, in particular the Ministry of Health, to promote the idea of establishing a platform for monitoring and data sharing of HCiD incidents, supporting the protection and security of medical missions, and promoting the respect of medical ethics.
- Supports the management in mobilising and convening concerned stakeholders and the authorities on the issue (humanitarian diplomacy) while raising awareness and sensitizing them on the topic.
- Includes a Protection component in the assessment / analysis, monitoring and evaluation of related HCiD issues
- University degree in Health or equivalent field
- 4 years work experience in health management field or a humanitarian organization
- Awareness of the socio-political environment in Nigeria
- Good command of written and spoken English
- Good command of Hausa, Igbo, and Yoruba as asset
- Excellent computer skills
- Coordination of multidisciplinary projects and solid organizational skills
Training and coaching skills:
- Strong communication and negotiation skills, strategic and creative thinking, analytical skills, flexibility, and open, diplomatic management style
- Team-player in multicultural environment
- Empathetic and diplomatic approach
Job Title: Restoring Family Links (RFL) Field Officer
- Responsible for Restoring Family Links (RFL) activities in the south of Borno state
- Ensures proper treatment and follow up of enquiries following family separation as a result of conflict, violence or natural disasters
- Identifies and registers unaccompanied minors (UAM), vulnerable separated children (VSC) and vulnerable adults (VA) under direct supervision of RFL delegate NE
- Acts as team leader and coordinates between ICRC and the National Red Cross Society (NRCS) (under the supervision of the RFL delegate NE).
- Interacts with beneficiaries visiting or calling the Office and responds to their RFL-related enquiries.
- Drafts the RFL contribution to the Weekly Operational Report.
- Assists in any other Protection activities when and if required.
- University degree in relevant technical field
- 2 years work experience in a similar field
- Excellent command of written and spoken English, Hausa, and Kanuri
- Good computer skills: knowledge in Excel, Word, if possible PowerPoint.
- Good knowledge of Nigerian geography
- Good analytical skills
- Capacity to work within a team
- Good inter-personal skills: ability to deal with people respectfully and showing empathy towards others, very good communication skills
- Committed to work and able to work under supervision or independently as required
- Able to work under pressure; flexible and open to extra working hours if necessary
- Capacity to learn and to adapt to new work methods
- Discretion and confidentiality, self-control
How To Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV’s, application letter and contact details of three referees to: [email protected]
- Please clearly indicate the title of the job as the subject of your application (Applications intended for this role without this subject will not be treated)
- Late application will not be considered
- Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
- However, ICRC will not request for any monetary payments from applicants at any stage of the recruitment process.
Application Deadline: 2nd September, 2016.