The International Institute for Local Development was founded to enlarge and promote the roles and involvement of local stakeholders in development efforts. We work globally through regional offices in France, Kenya, Nigeria, Thailand, South Africa and the USA.We promote integrative models that make vertical and horizontal connections between actors and interventions, promoting ownership, management and sustainability by focusing on variations in history, preferences and culture.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Administrative/Finance Officer
- The Administrative/Finance Officer will form part of a pioneer team of five in Nigeria (based in Abuja).
- S/he will provide a range of administrative and finance support to the team as detailed below.
Core Job Tasks and Responsibilities
- Sole responsibility for administrative support to the team including management of travel and logistics, training workshops, and facility and fleet management
- Sole responsibility for the management of the finance system of the team including payments, tax returns, filing, expenses, etc.
- Provide input to programme planning processes
- Coordinate the production of newsletters and other marketing communication
- Provide other administrative and logistical support to project teams
- Undertake regular updates of the organization’s websites
- Manage associate consultants, field staff and partners
- Manage organization’s client and contractor databases
- Make contributions to country and regional operations plans in compliance with global strategic priorities as well as with annual programming/planning instructions
- Undertake other tasks as determined by the Director
Specific Requirements and Skills
- A University Degree
- Understanding of the history, theory and practice of development
- Exceptional presentation and communication skills
- Ability to speak and write French is an advantage
- 3-5 years’ experience in a similar role
- Excellent knowledge of Microsoft Word and Excel, and graphics design
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV’s and a Cover Letter to: [email protected]
Application Deadline 21st July, 2017.