International Medical Corps is a global, humanitarian, nonprofit organization dedicated to saving lives and relieving suffering through health care training and relief and development programs. Established in 1984 by volunteer doctors and Nurses, International Medical Corps is a private, voluntary, nonpolitical, nonsectarian organization.
Its mission is to improve the quality of life through health interventions and related activities that build local capacity in under-served communities worldwide. We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: IT Officer
Location: Maiduguri, Borno
- Provide technical support to IMC Nigeria main and field offices, including servers, networking, computers, cabling components, printers, phone system, routers, switches, as well as internetworking protocols (TCP/IP).
- provide technical support to main and field offices, field staff, roving staff, volunteers, and visitors for all computers / tablets / smartphones / modems (both hardware / software), AV equipment, printers, server, and networking equipment issues
- The IT Officer primary role is to support, analyze, document and standardize computer hardware and software systems.
- In addition, the IT/ICT Officer must be able to effectively install and repair computers in a timely manner, as well as, assist in various IT/ICT projects and training of end-users with varying levels of competency.
Duties and Responsibilities
The Information Technology Officer shall be accountable on the following key areas in Maiduguri, Kano and Damboa field offices of International Medical Corps program in Nigeria:
- Configure and install systems and set up new users.
- Carry out routine preventive maintenance/checks, and troubleshoot problems with his/her assigned field offices. Ensure all IT hardware equipment and computer accessories/peripherals are maintained effectively.
- Ensure all IT problems within the aforementioned offices are identified and solutions found and implemented.
- Perform IT hardware inventory update as necessary.
- Set up projectors, printers, photocopiers, fax machines, digital cameras, etc. for everyday office use and as necessary for meetings, etc.
- Ensure the field/sub-field bases supported by him/her have a well-installed and functioning voice network (IP PBX). All devices are functioning and the service is cost-effective
- Troubleshooting technical problems with mobile subscriptions and IP Phone.
- Ensure radio and satellite equipment is operational. Ensure satellite phones are working and SIM cards are activated at all times
- Ensure good asset management at the office(s) he/she is supporting through maintenance of an accurate and up to date asset register and inventory tracking system, in close collaboration with the Logistics and Administrative Support Assistants
- Responsible to make sure that all assets (IT and office equipment) is correctly used
- Oversee the issuance and return of assets to/from staff and record all asset movements and disposals of IT equipment
- Providing first level on IT helpdesk support in assigned field offices
- Communicating any service disruptions to users, opportunities and other relevant policies
- Carry out any other tasks required by the line manager
Security and Backup:
- Keep the network and all computer systems safe, secure and virus-free.
- Report any alleged or suspected misuse of IT systems/equipment, lapses of security and major violations of organizational standards to the in-country IT representative
- Ensure proper backup of all staff information, files and folders
Prevention of Sexual Exploitation and Abuse:
- Actively promote PSEA (Prevention of Sexual Exploitation and Abuse) standards within International Medical Corps and amongst beneficiaries served by International Medical Corps.
Compliance & Ethics:
- Promotes and encourages a culture of compliance and ethics throughout the International Medical Corps. As applicable to the position, maintains a clear understanding of International Medical Corps’ and donor compliance and ethics standards and adheres to those standards. Conducts work with the highest level of integrity.
- Level of Education – Degree in IT or related IT Certifications.
- At least 2 years working experience in a similar position.
- Proven knowledge of hardware maintenance and ability to solve simple hardware problems; this includes set-up and management of network devices e.g. printers, scanners, etc.
- Solid experience in maintaining, troubleshooting and administering a Microsoft Windows-based (local area) network
- Solid background maintaining, trouble-shooting and administering a Microsoft Windows server 2008.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Windows operating systems, including XP, Windows 2003, and Window 7, and Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.)
- The successful candidate will have excellent communication, organisational skills, including the ability to manage several tasks simultaneously; have strong interpersonal and networking skills and the ability to work with a diverse range of people.
- Communication & Interpersonal Skill Level – Excellent
- Language Requirements – English – Excellent
- Level of IT Expertise Required – Good.
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Applications which should be addressed to “the Human Resource Coordinator, International Medical Corps” via: [email protected]
Application Deadline: 2nd November, 2020.
- Candidates MUST state the position and location they are applying for as the subject of their email, application letter and curriculum vitae should be in a single Microsoft Word Document, otherwise, applications will not be considered.
- Only Short-listed candidates will be contacted.
- This position is for Nigerian nationals only
- We are an equal opportunity organization. So Borno State-Based candidates are Strongly encouraged to apply for this position.