International Medical Corps (IMC) is a global, humanitarian, non-profit organization dedicated to saving lives and relieving suffering through health care training, relief and development programs. Established in 1984 by volunteer doctors and nurses, International Medical Corps is a private, voluntary, non-political, non-sectarian organization.International Medical Corps has been operating in Nigeria since November 2013. It currently has its country office in Abuja and field offices in Kano, Sokoto and Maiduguri where it is implementing emergency Water, Sanitation, Hygiene (WASH) and Protection programs, and also building capacity of local health systems and structures, ensuring the provision of quality, accessible Nutrition and Health Care.
We are therefore looking for suitably qualified candidates, to fill the position below:
Job Title: Human Resource and Administrative Officer
- Provides office services by implementing administrative systems, procedures, and policies, and monitoring administrative projects.
- Manage and coordinate all travel arrangements for staff as directed by supervisor.
- Facilitate timely hotel or guest house booking and arrangement for visiting Staff
- Advocate and promote a healthy, creative and safe work environment.
- Ensure proper functioning of the office
- Responsible for dealing with day-to-day IT queries
- Coordinating submission of staff Time sheet
- Maintains workflow by studying methods; implementing cost reductions; and developing reporting procedures.
- Completes operational requirements by scheduling and assigning administrative projects; expediting work results.
- Overseeing the running of the Guest house and domestic Staff with the assistant of HR/Admin Assistant
- Contribute to team-wide communication and knowledge management and participate in organization wide events and discussions on related topics /projects
- Custodian and distributor of Field assets
- Creates and revises systems and procedures by analyzing operating practices, record keeping systems, forms control, office layout, and budgetary and personnel requirements; implementing changes.
- Develops administrative assistant by providing information, educational opportunities, and experiential growth opportunities.
- Resolves administrative problems by coordinating preparation of reports, analyzing data, and identifying solutions.
- Ensures operation of equipment by completing preventive maintenance requirements; calling for repairs; maintaining equipment inventories; evaluating new equipment and techniques.
- Verifying receipt of supplies.
Human Resource Duties:
- Ensure hire processes are in compliance with the formalities and registration required by local law.
- Overseeing Staff on-boarding processes.
- Coordinate and facilitate employee exit process and archive all required documents.
- Track and monitor Expatriate’visa extensions
- Monitor proper use and functionality of office equipment by utilizing efficient tracking methods
- Uploading Staff details on Cost point
- Pay slip preparation and distribution
- Develops administrative assistant by providing information and growth opportunities, coaching and guiding
- Coordinating submission of time-sheets
- Manages and updates staff data base.
- Track and Monitor Staff annual leave, sick leave and absences
- Manage employee relations
- Any other duties as assigned by supervisor.
Qualifications and Skills
- A Degree in Business Administration, Finance or any other related field
- 2 years cognate experience in an INGO setting is an added advantage.
- Administrative report writing, Organization and analytical skills
- Good knowledge of Microsoft office packages
- Strong communication skills: oral, written and presentation skills.
- Should be a team player and culturally sensitive.
- Reporting and writing skills, managing processes,
- Analytical and Problem Solving
- Inventory control
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office
- Demonstrated proficiency in computer applications such as word processing, spreadsheets, email and utilization of the internet
- Strong leadership, team building, conflict resolution and ability to deliver IMC’s strategic objectives.
- Extremely flexible, and have the ability to cope with stressful situations
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their applications and CV’s addressed to the “Human Resource Manager, International Medical Corps” via: [email protected]
- Only Short-listed candidates will be contacted.
- Candidates MUST state the position and location they are applying for as the subject of their email, otherwise applications will not be considered.
- Application letter and curriculum vitae should be in a single Microsoft Word Document.
Application Deadline 2nd July, 2017.